SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] New GEX updates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.H.Koster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] New GEX updates
    Posted: December-04-2018 at 10:44am
My question:
I have N.A 2.1 ; Europa 2.5 ;AFME 1.4 ; and APT 1.3
For upgrade you write that  to update NA . I first had to install AFME and APT. But the update manual is not secure about Europe.
Please tell me in a nutshell what i have to uninstall and to install in the right order to be sure that NA will be updated in the right way

thanks, Johan Koster
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2018 at 4:12pm
Apologies, I thought it was very clear..

To update to NA v2.2, since you have AFME and APT (regardless of Europe or not)

Leave GEX NA 2.1 installed.

Uninstall GEX Europe, AFME and APT and replace those 3 with the new releases. When you enable your regions in the interface GEX NA will automatically update to v2.20.

If you have GEX Europe it must be replaced to obtain the new release and keep the continuity of the upgrades of that region, but it does not update NA. The other 2 regions will.

As was posted in the announcement thread:

------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground Environment X North America v2.20

NOTE:
ONLY DOWNLOAD GEX NA v2.20 FROM HERE IF:

A: YOU USE GEX NA WITH NO OTHER GEX REGIONS, OR, GEX NA + GEX EUROPE TOGETHER WITH NO OTHER GEX REGIONS.

B: THIS IS A NEW 1st time PURCHASE.

IF YOU USE OTHER GEX REGIONS TO UPGRADE GEX NA FOR FREE, DO NOT DOWNLOAD GEX NA v2.2 LISTED BELOW.

CONTINIUE TO USE YOUR ORIGINAL GEX NORTH AMERICA PRODUCT AND REPLACE THE OTHER REGIONS YOU OWN LISTED BELOW:

GEX AFME    (Africa Middle East)
GEX APT      (Atlantic and Pacific Tropics)
GEX ASA     (Asia and South America)
GEX AA       (Australia and Antarctica)

ANY ONE OF THEM WILL UPGRADE YOU TO GEX NA v2.20 AUTOMATICALLY
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The point of this was to make the entire GEX NA update process this round go easier and faster for those who have purchased GEX regions other than Europe and/or are using our free upgrade offer to do that with GEX North American updates.

If you directly 'purchased' and installed NA v2.0 (or 2.1) when it was released originally, you can (if you prefer) uninstall GEX NA 2.1 and include swapping it out with v2.2 in the update process with all the other regions you own, however it is not necessary. So the outline I posted saves you download bandwidth AND time in the update process.

It is a perk for GEX NA users who obtain GEX region products other than Europe.

You original GEX NA 2.0 (or 2.1) key and password will work with the 2.20 version, but in your case it isn't required to upgrade. Just make sure to obtain the new version of AFME and APT, and of course obtain the new GEX Europe version too.

Understand? 

J.H.Koster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.H.Koster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2018 at 9:53am
Hello Nick

Thanks voor your execellent explanation . nearly everything installed fine with the same Email Account and Password . only the update / reinstall from Europe 2.5->2.6 failed by notification of an incorrect password , so what can i do to retrieve the right password for this upgrade 2.5-->2.6.

maybe you can give a last advice

greethings Johan Koster
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2018 at 1:54pm

EDIT: Please see my post below this one about a malformed link in the GEX Europe update thread.

The keys/passwords are handled through Flight1. We are the product producer, they deal with the wrappers, order numbers, keys and passwords.

They provide a list of automated online service for everything from retrieving order numbers and passwords to changing email addresses, etc.

If you don't have a Flight1 account you can try the online wrapper services....

It should send you a complete list of all your past orders and certificate numbers with the passwords that are associated with the email account you enter there.

If you used another email address in the past and still have that account you can check that address there as well.

If for some reason you changed email account over the years there are ways to use the online wrapper service system to update orders to a new email address. However sometimes we don't remember the old address and information. If the automated system can not assist, then open a ticket with Flight1 directly, reference this thread and explain you cant locate your GEX Europe password for the account.

They should be able to assist you in getting it straitened out.

jcm9000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcm9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2018 at 9:22pm
Nick, Thanks for another FSX update! FYI the Europe files on the main page for the update are P3D files....I went to the Flight1 page to get the FSX files, all others are good.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2018 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by jcm9000 jcm9000 wrote:

Nick, Thanks for another FSX update! FYI the Europe files on the main page for the update are P3D files....I went to the Flight1 page to get the FSX files, all others are good.

I have no idea how that happened.. 

I see the link to the first part of Europe is linked to the first part of GEP3D and not GEX Europe. I will correct the link immediately. Thank you for pointing out the link error.

I will correct the forum thread link and post back here when it is fixed.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2018 at 10:40pm

The link to the first part of GEX Europe in the update thread has been corrected. I reposted them below..

================================================

Ground Environment X Europe v2.60

MD5: 609d1661c6fbb79032439da9a027f8ba               CRC-32: ad182b87

MD5: 7eb1cd8e31eed461786600b6619e4f24               CRC-32: 7b4ab27

================================================

However I can not see how the link mismatch could have caused or been part of J.H.Koster (the OP in the thread) to get a password error because the files would never have run together to start the wrapper, and if there was an attempt to run them together a error would have popped up and told the user the wrong file was present. 

@ J.H.Koster;  Please do verify the 2 files you have there local for GEX Europe 2.60 are as follows:

F1-GEX-EU-2.60.exe
and
F1-GEX-EU-2.60.000

If not, you are welcome to try re-downloading from the links I posted above and please keep me informed as to where you are in getting updated with GEX Europe.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2018 at 11:38pm
Here is a FYI for everyone here reading this thread...

Flight1 has a new tool that is in production and has been deployed. This tool eliminates download links, wrappers, etc..

It provides a Flight1 account holder access to ALL of their Flight1 products, their certificate numbers, order numbers, the STORE they purchased their products from originally, the ability to reset licenses, download or re-download their products and at the same time automatic license file regeneration.

Its called the Flight1 Purchase Agent.    You can obtain it here: http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=agent

It will automatically check for updates to itself when it is run. When installed, some folks may find the program will have automatically found their Flight1 Account and set up the product up for you automatically. Others may need to enter the settings and input their Flight1 account information.

This tool will be replacing the old wrapper system. The only prerequisite is that the user have a active and working Flight1 Account. If you do not have an account you can create on in the Flight1 Purchase agent.

All GEX regions as well as GEP3D are available in the tool. If you already own a GEX product or GEP3D when you log into your Flight1 account you can see every product your account is associated with and re-download and update the local license at any time and without any 'wrapper'.

You may want to give that tool a try as it can simply going online to the Flight1 website and logging in there. Many of the features offered on the website for automatic services are embedded in the tool.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic