SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] gex interface

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henri Burris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] gex interface
    Posted: September-30-2019 at 7:33pm
When opening my GEX interface I get the following error:

Error Code 35 - Interface will close

The interface closes and disappears

How do I prevent this error so I can install all my GEX files?

I am using windows 10 and put the GEX files in my Virus white list.

John
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2019 at 2:49am
You can not use GEX with Prepar3D, nor can you use the 'migration tool' to use GEX with Prepar3D

GEX is only for Microsoft Flight Simulator (either box or STEAM edition)

For Prepar3D we offer the product Ground Environment Prepar3D World Edition which is different from GEX because it works with the Prepar3D landclass system changes as well as the shader changes Prepar3D uses, and, is properly licensed for Prepar3D use.

================================================

I am not sure why it is a repeating issue for you however we will need to do the following again:

Please do the following: Download this program:

http://gex.flight1.net/forumimages/DirectoryLister19.zip

Its in ZIP format, you need to unzip it and place the file DirectoryLister19.exe on your desktop.

It comes with a JPG image: INSTRUCTIONS.jpg

Please open that image and look at it carefully, then launch DirectoryLister19.exe and set it up exactly as that image shows with the check boxes... and then click the "List Directory Structure".

Make sure to do as it shows in that image..  then it will save a file to the desktop named: results.txt

NOTE: It may take a minute or so to create the file, just be patient and the program will tell you when its finished

Zip that file Results.txt which will probably be around 3-4MB in size and send it to me. I PM'd the email address to send 

Let me know here when you have sent the file and I will get it and check your FSX install and see if it indicates the problem and what is needed to fix it.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2019 at 2:14pm
PM/file received and response sent.

Issue was resolved
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic