SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] GEP3D_Backup File Not Located

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dookster49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] GEP3D_Backup File Not Located
    Posted: October-09-2018 at 12:10pm
Hello, I am attempting to reinstall Ground Environment for P3D_v4, but am receiving the following error message. How do I work through this? I have searched my entire computer for this file, but it is not found. Thanks, Larry

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2018 at 3:15pm
Larry,

Someone reported a similar issue with a GEX region however it was not something I could replicate other than a license check fail.

Lets get through a few questions first and see what is going on. Answer these and we will go from there....

1. Are you on Windows 7, 8 or 10? and when you ran the GEP3D wrapper or patch installer did you right click them and select "Run as Administrator"?

2. Is this a 'Full' install or just the patch upgrade? If so what version are you installing?
v1.0, v1.10 or v1.20

3. Did you have the full GEP3D v1.0 or v1.1 installed before updating, if so which one?

4. Look on your C:\ drive, do you see a folder named Flight One Software and if so is there a file inside that folder named: gep3d.lic?

a. IF YOU ARE ON WINDOWS 10 Please browse to C:\Users\<YOUR ACCOUNT NAME>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows  <---open this directory  Is there a file inside that folder named: gep3d.lic?

b. IF YOU ARE ON WINDOWS 7 Please browse to C:\Windows  <---open this directory  Is there a file inside that folder named: gep3d.lic?

6. From what you said you already searched however if you had GEP3D installed in the past then you either MOVED the backup directory or opted to DELETE the backup with that first install. Uninstall of GEP3D does not remove the backup folder GEP3D_BACKUP and by default it would be on the C:\ partition, so the question is, if you had GEP3D installed and you are upgrading the product, do you recall if you MOVED or DELETED the original backup?

Let me know the answers to these and we will go from there, but please make sure when you run the wrapper, patch or installer that you always use right click "Run as Administrator"

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2018 at 9:29pm
Larry,

Please go through and answer the questions I outlined however the only way I can reproduce this exact issue is if the license files for GEP3D are missing or corrupt.

Please pay special attention to items 4 and 5 a./b. as long as gep3d.lic is located, you should not be having any issues.

If you are not finding license files that would be the reason but it is also possible if you do the license files are corrupt.

After posting the answers to the questions I outlined and so you have something to try if I can not post back right away,... you can try this..   Completely uninstall GEP3D from Windows. Go back to the Flight1 wrapper, F1GEXP3D.exe with the file F1GEXP3D.000, the purchase agent that has the 'red' airplane icon for the EXE in the same folder. Make sure all Windows/AV/malware security software is disabled Right click F1GEXP3D.exe  and select "Run as Administrator"  Click the 'CLICK HERE TO REINSTALL" button and use your key/password to reinstall.

Do not elect to 'run' the installer when asked but instead say 'no' and just let it decompress.

Go to the C:\Flight One Software folder, find GEPrepar3D-1.20.exe ( I assume you are upgrading to v1.20) Right click that file and select "Run as Administrator" AFTER You can move or delete the 2 files in the C:\Flight One Software folder but be sure to leave the gep3d.lic file.

Let me know the answers to the questions and then try what I outlined above. If that works then the issue was the system did not allow the license files to the written to the system.

Always run all installers AND the interface itself by right click, "Run As Administrator" and do not forget, once installed and working to 'EXCLUDE' the GEP3D interface directory from any virus, Windows defender or other AV/malware scanner in their settings.

No relation to GEP3D but I would also include the Prepar3D install directory in the EXCLUSIONS as well so while you re using the sim the scanners are not grinding away at that directory.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic