SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] GEP3D.aca.exe gone missing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvanzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] GEP3D.aca.exe gone missing
    Posted: July-31-2020 at 9:27am
Hello, tried to use the interface and the above file for some unknown reason is gone.  I used the interface a few months ago and it was fine.  Using windows 10 2004, no a/v other than defender, correct folder is excluded and nothing has been quarantined.  How to I get it back so I can use the interface?  The file GEP3DConfig.dll is still there.

Thanks
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2020 at 3:08pm
Something deleted that GEP3D.aca.exe file if it is not in the C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GEP3D  directory as defined here:

It did not disappear by itself. If it is not in any quarantine from AV/Malware scanners then the only way to recover the correct version for you system is to Rerun the installer

Uninstall/Reinstall GEP3D into Windows. Nothing will change in P3D so if GEP3D was already enabled in P3D before this happened, it will remain so but the reinstalled interface will need to be reset on first run. 

You can leave your backup where it is (if you kept one) and on first run of the reinstalled interface if your backup was moved originally from the default location of C:\GEP3D_BACKUP, simply direct the interface to the correct root path where that backup folder is located. 

Any backup run will skip previous backed up files so nothing is overwritten.

Then enable the features in the interface as you normally would. 

I would go back through and make sure no AV/Malware scanners are present and that directory (must include exclude for ALL FILES IN IT too) is indeed excluded.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic