SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] Destination Drive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] Destination Drive
    Posted: February-23-2018 at 4:06pm
I have P3DV4 installed on my C:/ drive. Do I have to install UTX2.0 and GEP3D on my C:/ drive or can I install them onto my D:/ drive. My D:/ drive has much more space.
Thanks,
Shadow
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2018 at 7:38pm
We are not UTX support in this forum, however, From what I know of the product it is currently v2.3.0 for USA.

UTX Europe - 2.4.0
UTX Canada - 2.0.0
UTX Tropical - 2.0.0
UT Alaska- 1.2.0 <--- this can not be installed into P3D

YES, UTX can be initially installed anywhere from the purchase wrapper or DVD.. assuming they are the versions I list above, they can can be directed to any location of your choice

So you understand what comes next...

The most recent UTX installers from scratch install a 'manager' system. The initial installation from the wrapper does not require any specific target.

In you are on Windows 8 or especially 10, make sure the installers are "Run As Administrator"

If you are on Windows 7, disable UAC completely and reboot...  if you do not do that then follow my direction above and run any installer "As Administrator"

Once the initial setup is installed with UTX you will be presented with a install manager GUI as shown here:

It will locate any/all FSX/P3D installations and display them in the GUI. In my case I have all of the above shown installed. From there click on the Flightsim product in the upper box, and then click INSTALL.

When completed the UTX interface should open automatically. You can make changes as you wish or later, close the UTX interface

Once complete, in the lower box of the UTX Manager: (LIGHTS) select the sim version and click INSTALL 

Open the Light config tool and select SET LIGHT ASSIGNMENTS. Done for now, can make changes later.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GEP3D can be installed from the purchase wrapper or DVD anywhere on the system. A desktop icon should be generated, if not...  go to START> FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE > GEP3D

Run using - Run As Administrator

GEP3D will request a browse to the P3D directory.. browse to the main P3D directory where Prepare3D.exe is located, from there GEP3D will automatically backup your default P3D textures.

Once complete, click the button shown at the beginning of: GROUND ENVIRONMENT PREPAR3D WORLD EDITION and then click the ENABLE button

Once complete, if a UTX region is detected (Which is why I suggest UTX be installed first) the UTX <available region> option will become available in the interface..   as was outlined above, click the button at the beginning of the available UTX <region>, then click ENABLE

Repeat for any other UTX regions you have installed and are available in the GEP3D interface.

From there you can close the GEP3D interface, it need not be opened again unless a GEP3D update is installed, or, UTX <regions> are patched/reinstalled/added

You can make any configuration edits to UTX <regions> at this point

Hope this helps

Shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2018 at 7:26am
Thanks! Everything is installed and works. Had to make sure to turn off the AV!
Shadow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic