SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [ANSWERED] confused about download and purchase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] confused about download and purchase

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KFXE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] confused about download and purchase
    Posted: December-16-2019 at 11:51am
Hello,
Not sure if I misunderstood......

Do I  download and install the files and THEN Purchase?

OR

Do I purchase, THEN download and install the files?

Thanks
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2019 at 12:06pm
Hi,

Suggest you use the Flight 1 Purchase Agent http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=agent Purchase and download is handled by that tool.
Best,
Jim

KFXE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KFXE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2019 at 1:12pm
Hello Jim,
Thank you for the reply.
The reason I asked is because I have a non standard situation with downloading.

My Internet connection is too slow for the large files, so I go to a friends home to do the downloading.   So I will not be installing the files at the download location, but rather will download them at my friends home then copy them to a USB thumb drive and place them on the target machine with FSX back at my place.

Does that make any difference or do you still suggest I use the Flight 1 Purchase agent at my friends home to purchase and download the files?

Thanks again
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2019 at 3:20pm
The Flight1 Agent tool is the easiest way to obtain the product..  but
You can use the stand alone wrapper installers (2 files) that do both purchase and decompress/install of the files and download them on another system. HOWEVER.. you MUST run the wrapper, purchase and install to the target system or the license for the product will not be generated on that system.

You will find the individual wrapper download files at the GEX product pages of Flight1, or, you can use this thread which also has instructions listed for assistance..

scroll down to locate the links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic