SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [ANSWERED] Clarification  P3D 4.1 to 4.2 Procedure
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] Clarification P3D 4.1 to 4.2 Procedure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N918JC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] Clarification P3D 4.1 to 4.2 Procedure
    Posted: February-19-2018 at 11:17am
I read your "The Easy Way" Guide here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/prepar3d-4-1-and-gep3d-utx-utl-the-easy-way_topic59008.html

Step six says "6. Perform a full install of Prepar3D v4.1. When the installer starts, select CUSTOM install and point the P3Dv4.1 installer to the original Prepad3D v4.0 install directory."

I take it this mean we should run the full Setup_Prepar3d.exe at this point and not just run the Client, Content and Scenery component installers. Is that correct?

Sorry for being a bit thick headed, just wanted to verify before I make a mess. I'm still kinda wet behind the ears with P3D.

Thank you,

Jesse
Jesse Cochran "JesC"
"...eyes ever turned skyward."
P3Dv4 Pro, Windows 10 Pro, Jetline GTX, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti
GEP3D, UTX
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2018 at 1:51pm
The list assumes you will be uninstalling and reinstalling the SCENERY portion of P3D, --or--, a full uninstall/reinstall.

I thought that was made clear in the first section of that post.

QUOTE: If you intend to fully update Prepar3D from v4.0 to 4.1 and wish to assure a clean start be prepared to uninstall v4.0 (client, scenery, content) completely from Programs and Features.

If you are not replacing the SCENERY portion, then there is no reason to follow any of that list. GEP3D will not be changed or altered unless either a full reinstall or the scenery portion of P3D is replaced.

UTX will remain even with a full uninstall, or even just a 'Scenery' uninstall as long as the original P3D install directory is not deleted after P3D is uninstalled.

The only time I have ever only installed the 'client' was for hotfix issues. Whenever a major version update is posted I have always uninstalled and reinstalled the full P3D package.

Some folks don't do that, I do.
N918JC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N918JC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2018 at 2:05pm
OK. Thanks, Nick. And thanks for the quick response.

I think I am beginning to see the approach lights through the fog.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran "JesC"
"...eyes ever turned skyward."
P3Dv4 Pro, Windows 10 Pro, Jetline GTX, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti
GEP3D, UTX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic