SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] Another question for Nick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] Another question for Nick
    Posted: August-20-2015 at 11:10am
When I downloaded GEX I saw the recommendation to set the slider to 1m or 60cm.  I had mine set to 7cm.  Why would 60cm be better than 7cm with GEX?  
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2015 at 1:56pm
That was a general suggestion

My settings always define 7cm tex res and 10m mesh res

However there are some locations in FSX which display a rare bleed-through issue. A runway in Hawaii on the big island with UTX running will display the problem.. its a FSX issue,.. the solution when you come across that is to set texture res to 60cm, but again that issue is rare and not seen very much
rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2015 at 2:48pm
Good.  Thanks for the explanation.  I'll set it back to 7cm.  For the mesh I use 38m.  Due to too many airports in ditches or plateaus I give up the extra mesh resolution.  
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2015 at 7:25pm
For the mesh I use 38m

Impossible if you use 7cm texture res

When you set the texture resolution to 7cm (MAX) in FSX the sim overrides the mesh and sets it to 10m automatically

If you set texture res to 7cm and mesh to 38 and you have closed the sim, go back open the sim and check it yourself.. mesh will be sitting at 10m

rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2015 at 11:25pm
I checked and you are correct.  Why am I not surprised?

Doesn't make any difference.  I took out all my LOD 11 mesh.  I really dislike landing on a 10 foot plateau or in a 20 foot ditch.  In FS9 I took out all the LOD 10 as well.  Too bad nobody invented a tool that will automatically set all airports to the current mesh height automatically.  I'd buy that for sure.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2015 at 8:10am
Actually.. there was a product that included a airport flatten tool

I believe it was called:  FS Global Aerodrome Flattening Meshes

It will work with any mesh, you just input the airport code into their tool GUI

But that was a long time ago. I don't know if its still around
rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2015 at 10:26am
I found it. Made by Pilot's.  Reputable company imo.  I bought my first mesh from them a long time ago.  It doesn't do all airports automatically but has all stock airports in the data base and will do any needed automatically.  30 euro.  With my next social security check.  Thanks for the info.  I will be putting back all my LOD 11 mesh and I think there's USA freeware LOD 12 for the entire US somewhere.  That well go great with the US UTX and GEX I just got.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic