SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[ANSWERED] A puzzle for Nick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ANSWERED] A puzzle for Nick
    Posted: March-22-2016 at 12:33pm
Not sure if this is GEX or UTX related, but you have been so helpful in the past with your superb knowlegde of FSX I thought I'd ask.
I got a new computer (Win7 x64) and installed FSX SP1/2, GEX Europe & UTX Europe as per the Bible. UAC & Defender are off.
Everything was fine for a couple of weeks but now I'm at a complete loss as to what has happened.
The problem is that if I load a flight anywhere in Southern England in Daylight, it gets to 100% load and then crashes with a note saying FSX as encountered a problem and will shut down.
This does happen anywhere else (including Central England), and doesn't happen if I load Dawn or Dusk.
If I load Dawn I can fly around Southern England until until the sun comes up and it crashes with the same message.
I've got nothing else installed and really don't want to re-install again as it took so long last time going through the Bible step by step!
If you can help, I would really appreciate it, but if you say 'nothing to do with me!' I will fully understand.

Des 
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2016 at 3:55pm
I don't know other than you got a bad install of FSX or one of the addons

In a case like this we use process of elimination.

a. Open the GEX interface and select to DISABLE IN FSX all GEX regions you own. That will completely restore all the default FSX textures from the backup.

IF the crash continues then it would have nothing to do with GEX - Go to B below

IF the crash stops then keep testing flights in the same location during the day to confirm. If the crash has stopped then it reads you have a corrupt install of GEX. Uninstall/reinstall GEX clean into Windows making sure UAC, security is disabled and run the wrapper/installer 'as administrator', then re-enable GEX in FSX

b. Disable UTX from the UTX interface tool

IF the crash continues then it would have nothing to do with UTX. If you do not have any other addons installed at this point it would appear you have a corrupt installation of FSX and must reinstall FSX clean and begin again with UTX/GEX

IF the crash stops then keep testing flights in the same location during the day to confirm. If the crash has stopped then it reads you have a corrupt install of UTX since GEX removal made no difference. Uninstall/reinstall UTX clean into Windows making sure UAC, security is disabled and run the wrapper/installer 'as administrator', then re-enable UTX in FSX and last GEX

chicoD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2016 at 2:38pm
Well it's not GEX or UTX!
I can't understand why it was fine for a couple of weeks, FSX must have been OK when I installed it.
If I have to re-install FSX, do I uninstall GEX and UTX as well or can I disable them in the interfaces and then re enable? Do I have to uninstall SP1 and 2 as well as FSX?
Sorry to be a pain but at well into my 70's computers are still something my son says I should learn about!
Thank you for your patience and help
Des
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2016 at 3:02pm
Uninstall GEX and UTX first, then uninstall FSX and all patches

Start again from there
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic