SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > AirWrench - Air Traffic FX - GeoApr and FS Stall Effects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Airwiz adding something to my airfile?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airwiz adding something to my airfile?
    Posted: June-30-2018 at 2:41pm
Hi Gerry, great product. 

I have been playing around with the airfile for my simavionics 777, I am rewriting the engine section based on Roy Holmes work at Fsdev.

The issue I have is that whenever I use airwiz to make some changes to the engines, it seems to do something to the airfile which then makes either the aircraft CG move full aft or untrimmable. On rotation of the test flight the aircraft just pitches nose up until it stalls, sometimes I can trim it out before.

I understand airwizz adds some sections to the airfile, it may be that which is affecting my design, any ideas? 

I only make changes in 1502-1507 so its not messing with the handling, if i make same changes in AAM I dont get the issue but I want to use your product for everything.

Thanks Keith
mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 10:33am
Keith,

My apologies for the late response.  I totally missed this thread.  I'll look into it and see if I can figure it out.
mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 12:26pm
AirWizEd adds the 'Aerodynamic Center' air file section, which probably doesn't exist in the original air file. 

To fix the air file, go to the Balance tab and set the CoL (Center of Lift) value (bottom center of the tab) to match the CoG (Center of Gravity) value (displayed just above the CoL value).  When the CoL value is correct, the green and blue arrows will be head to head.

kand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2018 at 12:52pm
Many thanks for this Gerry, I will have a play and report back

Best
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic