SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding a new panel to existing A/C?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magneto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding a new panel to existing A/C?
    Posted: September-08-2004 at 9:57am

I'm new to FSPS, but have been reading and experimenting with good success. However.. I was trying to add a new panel to one of my existing "addon" aircraft, and noticed that many of my addon planes are not showing up in FSPS's selection box. They do show up for loading and editing, but not for adding a new panel to one of them. Some of the addons are there, but many are not. What gives?

Is there a limit to the amount of addon planes that I can have or something?

Thanks for any help..

alastairmonk View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alastairmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2004 at 3:42am
Hi Magneto,

The simplest way of adding an alternative panel is to create a new panel folder with all the relevent bitmaps, gauges and panel.cfg file, then "alias" it in the panel.cfg file.

I'm a little confused as to where the problem lies, as you state that they do show up for "loading & editing" (within FSPS ?) but not for adding a new panel. Are you referring to a completely new panel for the aircraft (that can be created and added within FSPS) or adding a new sub-panel ?

Hope this helps,

Alastair

Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.7GHz, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GTX 680 graphics, Win 7 64-bit

AOPA #04634067
Magneto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magneto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2004 at 7:38pm

Originally posted by alastairmonk alastairmonk wrote:

Hi Magneto,

The simplest way of adding an alternative panel is to create a new panel folder with all the relevent bitmaps, gauges and panel.cfg file, then "alias" it in the panel.cfg file.

I'm a little confused as to where the problem lies, as you state that they do show up for "loading & editing" (within FSPS ?) but not for adding a new panel. Are you referring to a completely new panel for the aircraft (that can be created and added within FSPS) or adding a new sub-panel ?

Hope this helps,

Alastair

Alastair, I was referring to adding a new panel (variant) for an existing addon a/c tha I have installed in FS2004.  FSPS doesn't see the a/c when I try to use the "add a new panel to an aircraft"..  As a matter of fact, it doesn't see a good many of the new aircraft I have installed, and I'm wondering why.

Yes, I can open the panel for that particular a/c for editing.  They ALL show up that way, but I'm wondering why they do not show up in the other option's selection box.

I might just try your idea. I like adding the new panel because it shows up as another variant without changing anything in the original panel. This way I can experiment without having to save and copy new main panel bmps to the folders.

Not sure why this is happening. Wish I knew. Thanks for your reply..

Mag...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic