SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

activating error problems fsx acceleration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsperge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: activating error problems fsx acceleration
    Posted: December-14-2012 at 10:39pm
I just recently updated my computer with a new processor and motherboard, 3770k, P8z77-v pro, now when I start fsx I get the follolwing error, never had this problem before, also running windows 7 64 bit, 580 gtx 1883 8gigs memory, fsx gold edition with accleration.

The error says the following: game needs to connect to the internet to activate, please make sure your internet connection is active and neter activatikon code included with this game.

I activaed via phone and also then activated when it prompted me to enter it when starting up fsx.

How do I correct this problem, never had this problem before,

Please help.
Ronski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2012 at 8:25am
Hi rsperge,

Do you get this error each time you start FSX, even though you enter the activation code?

first try this fix; http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9645392  It fixes the upper filters error when changing hardware and activation does not work.

If you want to do it manually, proceed with below,
 Note; if unsure about making registry changes, please, always, back up the registry first.

1) Type 'regedit' into the search box, when regedit.exe appears, right click and run as administrator.  When open, locate this entry: ie, expand each in turn.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CURRENTCONTROLSET \ CONTROL \ CLASS \
{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}   Lots of similar entries here, but what is in bold type is the number to look for.

2) click on this entry, now look in the right side vane for the 'UpperFilters key'. For FSX and their validating system,  it should only read, "PartMgr". In your case, there is a chance it shows something more. In my case, it was reading: ShockprfPartMgr,  or maybe in your case, just '0'
3) double click on the 'upperfilters' key and make a note of what the exact wording is, as you may have to put it back later, now in the opened box, change the registry key to read only 'PartMgr' ( no need for the commas ). click OK and exit. you may have to reboot.
4) start FSX, you may now be prompted again with the activation dialog, proceed as beforehand and let FSX start, ie, start a default flight at least, then exit FSX.

Don't panic if you are not prompted for activation after this.
start FSX again, it should all be fine by now!

Ron 

rsperge View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsperge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2012 at 11:06am
I went into the registry, followed your steps, finally got to theUpperFilter Keys, and clicked on it, under, in the next column which says type, it said REG_ MULTI.  Under Data in registry it read to all the way to the right of column said PartMgr. no numbers nothing else

Iguess that looked right in the registy thus I did nothing, made no changes.  Is that right?

Any other suggestions, please, Ronski or anyboy else out there.
Ronski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2012 at 8:49pm
Yes, that is the correct entry leave that one.

Are you getting any error numbers with the message?  Still not sure exactly what is happening at your end, the fix is usually when you cannot activate.
Can you run FSX  for more than 30 mins, without it going into a sort of 'trial' mode.?
If it runs for longer, without restrictions,  then it has activated.
Need more info, as there are several reasons.

I could be wrong, but I remember that the acceleration pack, had it's own activation code, if so then you may have to uninstall acceleration and reinstall to re activate that one, or call microsoft and get the acceleration code as well. 

See here. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969886 for some more info.

Ron.
rsperge View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsperge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2012 at 10:42pm
still having the problem, I also checked about that 30 minute trial as well,  thus when you start fsx, and in the menue on top you see help, and then click on about you should then see the product id number, and thus you are considered activated.  I just ran fsx, clicked on hlep menue, thedn went to about, and actually saw my product id number, which of course means the procut is activated.

the problem that I have is why do I get that error message which is stated at the beginning of this thread, and after I choose a plane to fly, like the 737ngx, level-d 767, the sim closes down
777simmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 777simmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2012 at 1:16am
I am not sure I can help here, but just to make things clearer than your first post,

1)Did you activate twice?
Once by phone and once by internet?

2)Could it be that it is not FSX that needs to be activated, but your add on aircraft?
Some of them will only allowed installing once,mon one system.
Thereafter you might have to ask for help from the add on publisher to unregister the old install and reregister the new one.

Do you also have this problem with default FSX B737?
If not, than it is an add on problem.
Rob

i7 3770k 4.5Ghz, Asus Max V Formula,GTX780 (previously 680), 8Gb GskillDDR3 2400@9-11-11-31, Change:Win7 64bit on WD Raptor and FSX on SSD since Jan2014.

Untill Sept 2012: Core2Duo E8500@3.9Ghz
Ronski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2012 at 6:54am
I'm out of ideas, but I agree with Rob here,

a lot of add on's also need activating these days.  What you have done in effect, by changing the motherboard, processor and Ram, is just about move the drive to a new system.  I am amazed, that FSX is the only problem your having by doing this.  I always format and do a clean install of everything when changing to a different motherboard etc. 
However,  Windows 7 seems to be more forgiving when doing this than previous operating systems.  I know many who have done it.  But the activation system, hmmmm. as it now thinks you have moved over to a different computer.

As Rob say's, you could try and re register all add on's etc.
What I think would save you a long head ache, is to completely uninstall FSX and all add ons and start over fresh,   I have done many complete new installs on new systems over the years with the same FSX DVD and never had an issue like this.

Ron.
777simmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 777simmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2012 at 11:24am
And I have FSX on both PC that I have.

No problem there either (so far).
I have never heard that there is a limit to the number of PCs you can install FSX to!
Rob

i7 3770k 4.5Ghz, Asus Max V Formula,GTX780 (previously 680), 8Gb GskillDDR3 2400@9-11-11-31, Change:Win7 64bit on WD Raptor and FSX on SSD since Jan2014.

vic_baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2012 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by rsperge rsperge wrote:

still having the problem, I also checked about that 30 minute trial as well,  thus when you start fsx, and in the menue on top you see help, and then click on about you should then see the product id number, and thus you are considered activated.  I just ran fsx, clicked on hlep menue, thedn went to about, and actually saw my product id number, which of course means the procut is activated.

the problem that I have is why do I get that error message which is stated at the beginning of this thread, and after I choose a plane to fly, like the 737ngx, level-d 767, the sim closes down

If you are saying that ANYTIME you select a plane the sim closes down you have a bad install. The activation message would at least allow you to fly 30 minutes. Have you tried an FSX repair install?

Vic
3770K 4.7G ASUS Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1050ti 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, HAF942 - H100 water W10 Pro

7700K 5.0g Asus X270F 3600 15-15-15 GTX1080ti 1000W PSU 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAFX-H100 Water W10 Pro
rsperge View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsperge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2012 at 2:03pm
here is an update, all my flying addons fly except 2 of them
airbus-x, dc-9 classic, md-80 pro, level-d 767, pmdg 747-400, realair piston and turb ine, lacaster, captain sim, 707,727,757, all default fsx planes fly as well.
 last night got the following error report, and thus uninstalled, from fs dreamteam,addon manager.  Also set fsx to adminstrator.

Bujt these 2 planes do not fly, as soon as I pick them out from fsx,  Pmdg 737ngx series 600,700, 800, 900, and Pmdg J4100 jetstream, get the same error report, game needs to connect to the internet to activate, please make sure your internet connection is active, and enter activation code included with the game. 
When this error comes in after I have choen the aircraft to fly,the error message comes in, and the sim closes down right away.

Like mentioned before, I did activate via the internet, and via phone.  FYI using fsx gold edition, and did use the activation key for accleration.

also checked the registry everything okay, also when you open fsx and get the menue above b y pressing the alt button, then went to help, scrolled down to about, and it shows that my fsx is activated, giving a whole bunch of numbers.

Finally any other suggestions would appreciate it, been using fsx since 90"s, specs real quick 3770k, P8z77-v pro, 580 gtx, 1883 em, 8 gigs, 1,000 watts power, windows 7 64 bit.

777simmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 777simmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2012 at 2:34pm
I am sorry, but I totally do not understand what you have activated by phone and internet.

Did you activate FSX by phone and internet?

or

Did you activated PMDG aircraft by phone and internet?

Clearly FSX is working and activated or you could not fly anything.

So your problem is PMDG.
Contact PMDG, and ask for help with reactivating their produkts.
Rob

rsperge View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsperge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2012 at 3:21pm
for some reason after I changed the setup of my rig, which was originally a 980x and evga x58/le, to the current, 3700k,P8Z77-V Pro, which was just a couple of days ago, when we started everything up, fsx prompted me to activate, so what I did is activate via the internet, and then later it asked me to activate again a few minutes later, we activated via phone to microsoft.

but rememberI got fsx gold edition since the day it came out,and the ngx and j4100, both from PMDG, got tthem basically when they were released. thats some time ago.

its strange, because the error message above, I only get from these 2 planes, all my other addons aircrafts work.

3770k,P8Z77-v Pro, 780gtx, 3gigs, oc 4.3ghz 1,000 watts power, 1866 memory, 8 gigs, windows 7, 64 bit.
777simmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 777simmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2012 at 5:03pm
Hmm, I have had to activate Win XP by phone once because I changed hardware.
But not FS2004 or FSX.

But anyway, since those Pmdg are so old, maybe they have changed something in the activation procedure.

I would go to the pmdg forums and drop them a line.
Rob

vic_baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2012 at 12:04pm
It really sounds like your problem is with REACTIVATING the payware rather than FSX. Have you contacted PMDG about reactivation?

Many payware titles require a reactivation after hardware changes or reinstalls. The fact that your default a/c fly indicates that FSX is fine. You need to reactivate the individual aircraft.

Vic
3770K 4.7G ASUS Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1050ti 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, HAF942 - H100 water W10 Pro

7700K 5.0g Asus X270F 3600 15-15-15 GTX1080ti 1000W PSU 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAFX-H100 Water W10 Pro
rsperge View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsperge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2012 at 5:37pm
Well I finally got everything taken care of.  With my new setup
new drives
new cpu and new motherboard
new memory
reinstalling windows 7

Solution:  Had to reactivate the Pmdg 737-600,700,800,900, by putting the key code back in again to reactivate the product, as well as with the JS4100 jetstream.

Once again thanks everybody
3770k,P8Z77-v Pro, 780gtx, 3gigs, oc 4.3ghz 1,000 watts power, 1866 memory, 8 gigs, windows 7, 64 bit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic