SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > SkyDecks Panel Design
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

737 fuel problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhino2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 737 fuel problem
    Posted: November-18-2008 at 12:03am
 I have the posky and the kittyhawk models and when the center tank runs out it will only start takeing from the right tank, even with the cross feed on.

Capt. Chad Rhinehart
Simulated Southwest
Public Relations Manager
c.rhinehart@simswa.org
KSparkuhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2008 at 1:55pm

Chad... what's the status of your fuel pump switches when this happens?  You're describing a normal situation if you have the right main pumps on with the left main pumps off: the cross feed "on" will provide fuel to both engines from the right tank only.  If the cross feed is "off" in this senario, the left engine will cut out and the right engine will continue to run.

If you're still having issues, what aircraft model are you using and what version of the panel do you have?  The version number is in the lower-right corner of the "welcome aboard" screen when you first start the panel.  If you're using the pre-configured, freeware aircraft package from our site, then you should be all set if using version 3.15.  If you have v3.15 but are using a different model, then check the [fuel] section of the aircraft.cfg and make sure the parameters are consistent with that of the pre-configured aircraft.cfg file.

Saving the world, one panel at a time.
rhino2604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhino2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2008 at 12:18am
I have version 3.15. If I turn on all the fuel pumps and the center tank runs out I turn of the 2 cntr pimps and it only takes from the right tank. With the crossfeed on it still only takes from the right tank. I am useing a posky model btw.

Capt. Chad Rhinehart
Simulated Southwest
Public Relations Manager
c.rhinehart@simswa.org
JLark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2008 at 8:11am

Very interesting. I too have the 3.15 737 panel and use it on both Kittyhawk and Posky models. Yesterday I was flying a Spothwest Posky 737 with an empty center tank and full left and right tanks. Regardless of what I did with the crossfeed it would only draw fuel from the right tank.

SWAPilot
KSparkuhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2008 at 3:54am

Originally posted by KSparkuhl KSparkuhl wrote:

...check the [fuel] section of the aircraft.cfg and make sure the parameters are consistent with that of the pre-configured aircraft.cfg file.

Perhaps your aircraft model isn't set up correctly.  The section below is taken from the "aircraft.cfg" file for the kittyhawk 737-700, pre-configured model available for download from our website:

(Don't use the "center, left and right" parameters.  Check to make sure you have two tank selectors and an electric pump available as shown below.)

[fuel]
Center1=  3.00,   0.00,-2.00, 4332.00, 7.00
LeftMain=  3.00, -15.00, 0.00, 1300.00, 8.00
RightMain=  3.00,  15.00, 0.00, 1300.00, 8.00
fuel_type=     2
number_of_tank_selectors=   2
electric_pump=     1

rhino2604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhino2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2008 at 10:45am
The .cfg file is a pdf file Icannot open it.

Capt. Chad Rhinehart
Simulated Southwest
Public Relations Manager
c.rhinehart@simswa.org
KSparkuhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2008 at 11:37pm

Chad... .cfg files in Flight Simulator are usually opened and edited with Windows Notepad.  Not sure how your .cfg files became associated with Adobe Acrobat Reader... but you can change it easy enough.

You'll need to find the aircraft.cfg file.  Hold your cursor over it, then right click and select "open with".  The Open With dialog box opens up.  Choose to select from a list and then find "notepad" and select it.  Make sure you have the check box highlighted, "Always use the selected program for this kind of file".  Click OK.

Now you can open any .cfg file with Windows Notepad and you'll be able to edit to your heart's content.  That's how we do it folks!  Smile

rhino2604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhino2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 2:47am
K did you get that e-mail I sent you about our web site deal?

Capt. Chad Rhinehart
Simulated Southwest
Public Relations Manager
c.rhinehart@simswa.org
rhino2604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhino2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 2:51am

This is what I have and it still does it. I have the center pumps off and the wing pumps on and it only sucks from the right tank no matter what I do.

[fuel]
Center1=  3.00,   0.00,-2.00, 4332.00, 7.00
LeftMain=  3.00, -15.00, 0.00, 1300.00, 8.00
RightMain=  3.00,  15.00, 0.00, 1300.00, 8.00
fuel_type=     2
number_of_tank_selectors=   2
electric_pump=     1

Capt. Chad Rhinehart
Simulated Southwest
Public Relations Manager
c.rhinehart@simswa.org
KSparkuhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2008 at 4:39am

Chad... I'll have to look into your issue a bit more closely.  So, would you please zip up your entire 737 aircraft folder and send it my way via email.  Honest, the fuel system works great... nobody's complained in almost two years, so something's got to be wrong with your setup.

To answer your previous question... Yes, I did get your email... sorry not to have responded on that... been busy.

rhino2604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhino2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2008 at 10:00pm
I will zip it all up for you and send it your way.

Capt. Chad Rhinehart
Simulated Southwest
Public Relations Manager
c.rhinehart@simswa.org
KSparkuhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2008 at 11:55pm
Okay... just get it to me when you can.

KSparkuhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2008 at 7:46pm
Chad... I've not received your files yet.  Let me know if you've got it figured out.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic