SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

404 error on NickN post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 404 error on NickN post
    Posted: July-13-2018 at 5:24am
Hi all,
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but anyway -
A while back I logged in to view a March 2018  post by NickN on Nvidia Inspector for FSX and Windows 10. When I tried to go there again or find anything on it from 2018 I get a 404 error.
Anybody know anything about this.
Not that I've got anything against 404s. I owned several, best car Peugeot ever made.
Donair
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2018 at 1:34pm
The post is currently hidden

It was discussed here:

However I am not sure if it will work given some recent OS and driver changes. That is what I am trying to solve

I will get the post restored as soon as I can.

donair View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2018 at 8:20pm
Taa Nick - as allways, appreciate.
Donair
paulmohr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulmohr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2018 at 9:29pm
What NickN linked you to should pretty much work, it worked fine for me. If he finds a way for it to look better more power to him, I can't wait until he does.

Disregard the convo between NickN and me in the rest of the thread. I obviously didn't know what I was talking about lol. I also didnt' realize at the time this was a support forum for Flight1 products. I just wandered in off the sreet as it were and never read the top of the pageWacko. I don't really run many add ons except a few planes that were in the steam DLC and they are not too demanding. Love the Coranado B35v, looks awesome, flies great and isn't too hard on the system. The Falcon X is a hot mess though, should have done some research before getting that one.

Still glad I found this site though, the information to be had here is simply the best on the net.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2018 at 10:59pm
I found the issue with Windows 10..   its really messed up but I have a solution using a AA compatibility configuration that Windows 10 understands

I will be reverting back to the original setup without AA checked in FSX and with filtering to Trillinear    

Its a Windows 10/NV driver issue. 
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2018 at 4:18am
paulmohr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulmohr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2018 at 8:15pm
Worked like a charm, you rock Nick!

pstevens123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pstevens123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2022 at 5:40am
NickN

Your posts on setting up the sim are invaluable resources for those installing/reinstalling FSX etc.

The link posted on 14-July-2018 has many images missing making it unuseable. Please, any chance of reposting with the missing images included?
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2022 at 7:08am
Regrettably, Nick passed away some time ago.
Best,
Jim

Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2022 at 1:06pm
You can still see the original "Bible" from Nick in this forum...

Steve

pstevens123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pstevens123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2022 at 6:20pm
I didn't know, he will be sadly missed. R.I.P.
 Post Reply Post Reply