SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3D fsx panel studio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3D fsx panel studio
    Posted: September-17-2009 at 4:08pm

Hi everybody

I been using panel studio long time from begining what I wish like we use to 2D why not 3D the same way and we can chance the gauge in virtual cockpitEmbarrassed

Murray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 4:12pm

In DC3 I did chance 

HSI baron or beech 350

ADI baron or beech 350

COM baron

NAV baron

I like to do it virtual one I need help from FSPanel Studio

biggg thank

luap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 4:34pm

The VC can be changed in FSPS, although it does not look the same.  The virtual cocpit sections are at the end of the file and named vcockpitXX (where XX is some number).  The  VC sections look nothing like the 2D panels.  All you will see are black backgrounds with overlayed gauge images.

Paul Scott Bartelt

The grass is always greener over the septic tank

Murray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2009 at 3:52pm

First of all big thanks know

can I drug on this blackgrounds the gauge I want and swep with new gauge like HSI BENDIX ADF AP DME ADI thats all I need it if you give me your e mail I,ll sen to you my 2D DC3 change which you can make ILS FULL instead of old auto pilot

Murray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2009 at 12:04pm

Dear Mr Luap

what I understand we can not play vith vitual cockpit, sortly because there is no panel showing just black,when I put the VC2 all gauges show up on this black background it make no point

alastairmonk View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alastairmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 7:07am
Hi Murray,

In general, ALL you can do with a VC is directly replace an existing gauge with another that is the same shape and size.

Thus, if your panel uses the Baron HSI you can directly replace it with the Beech 350 HSI.

If you try and replace a round gauge with a square one most of the time you will just see a round middle portion of the square gauge with its corners "missing" behind the panel.

If I understand you correctly, all your VC gauges are shown in VC2, so to replace them in FS Panel Studio:

1. Highlight the gauge you want to replace
2. Right-click the gauge and select "swap"
3. Select the gauge you want to add

The new gauge will now appear where the old one was at the same size and shape.

4. After replacing all the gauges you want to replace, save the panel.cfg file and view the results in FSX or FS2004.

From your messages I suspect that English is not your first language. If you are happier conversing in a different language there may be members here who can help in your native language.

Best wishes,

Alastair

Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.7GHz, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GTX 680 graphics, Win 7 64-bit

AOPA #04634067
Murray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 12:03pm

HI Alastairmonk

I.am going to try and let you know one little q higlight  with what

thank you anyway 

Murray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 12:39pm

Hi Alastairmonk

I figure highlight which is left clik than I did swap it did open a nother box

than I figure DC3 panel from this panel I  pick air speed gauge and clik the open

box close I thought done back the fsx and try DC3 nothing change still same

wrong gauge in wrong place eve turn and bank they called inclinometer its a joke

luap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 1:10pm

FSPS does not have the capability to render the cockpit as it is seen in FS.  At its root, all  FSPS does is modify bitmaps.  Since 2D is just that, a bitmap, it looks like we would expect it to in FSPS and within FS.  the 3DVC however is bitmaps projected upon geometry.  FSPS does not handle 3D geometry, just the bitmaps.  Therein lies the limitation.

3D VCs are unfortunately quite limited in their flexibility unless designed from the ground up to be completely modifyable.  Take the Flight1 C172.  The VC in that addon can be entirely modified to suit any size or shape gauge that you wish to put into it provided you have the tools to modify lighting masks.  The entire panel is really just a blank piece of canvas on which to work your art.

This is not the case with a vast majority of addons.  Gauges are in their own little custom shaped holes in the panel, they are part of the geometry on an individual basis.  Rather than the panel being a single entity on which gauges can be put anywhere, they are made in such a way that gauges can only be put in specific places to match the underlying shape/geometry (if panel asthetics are to be maintained).

Paul Scott Bartelt

The grass is always greener over the septic tank

Murray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 6:28pm

HI luap know I get it thank you verymuch

I got the work more hard than ever to do this

Murray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2009 at 12:45pm

Hi Mr Luap

So aces studio, who ever panelmaker. acording to me. he is not a real pilot to do this mickey mouse 3D panel. check the maam which I use to fly about some 2000 hours. but thank your help there for I dont have to blow my wonderfull brain

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic