SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2 questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rafair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 questions
    Posted: October-30-2007 at 3:52pm

On some of my downloaded gauges, particularly direction indicators and HUD gauges, the yellow outline is vastly bigger than the gauge.    Is there any way I can reduce the size of these outlines ?

Also, I have two copies of FS2004 - one on Disk C and one on Disk K.     My current FSPS shows the panels on Disk C.     Is there a way to have a second FSPS installation exclusively for Disk K?

zfehr View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zfehr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 5:09pm

Those yellow lines represent the gauge designers coordinates within their programming.  Many times one gauge design will be used for several specific gauges and those particular gauges that aren't using certain elements or surrounds/bezels will graphically be smaller but the overall coordinates will still represent their potential dimensions if all drawing coordinates were used.

You can select which FS installation you want to work on by going to the options menu and selecting "FS Mode and Root Directory" from the pull down list.  Then browse to your second FS install.  I know it's not a fast switch method but what is programmed into FSPS.  I haven't tried this since I didn't need to but you might be able to set the FS2002 mode selection to your second installation but Ed might pipe in to say that certain features specific to FS2004 might not be possible if running out of the FS2002 mode.

Regards,
Dr. Zane Gard

AOPA #00915027
EAA #825848
American Mensa #100314888
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic