SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wish List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 1:07pm
I will start preparing the OpusASN.DLL. It will have to be loaded with the ASN bootstrap DLL within the DLL.xml file when in use. Users will have to remove both DLLs in the dll.xml when using OpusFSI Weather or some other weather source.

Stephen
fedorklootwijk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fedorklootwijk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2017 at 4:02am
Hi Stephen,

I'm using your great software with much pleasure. There is one thing that would further enhance the usability for me. 
I use the software with P3D in a 737 cockpit. P3D is on the server and used for the outside view. 2 clients drive the hardware and a Windows 10 laptop is used in the cockpit as instructor station. So I can reposition the aircraft, initiate failures etc. from within the cockpit without leaving the cockpit (which is not so simpel in a 737). This is essential when training with pilot friends. It would be great if I could control the weather from my client instructor station, for instance choose a Metar file for a CAT I practice, choose a WWT or relocate the weather. The FSI client has some really useful functionalities already, but would greatly benifit from this extra functionality.
Looking forward to your reaction,

Fedor

Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2017 at 5:20am
This can already be done. You can create your metar file (or any number of files) containing a single GLOB metar statement and then use the Import From Metar File weather load option. If you set the system up to look at a pre defined metar file you simply have to edit the file (or copy the desired metar file into the reference file) the. Initiate a weather reload with the Import option set.

Stephen
fedorklootwijk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fedorklootwijk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2017 at 12:36pm
Thank you Stephen. It is indeed a possibility, but also a kind of workaround. Please consider to upgrade your client a bit. You would please all of us with a cockpit.

Regards,

Fedor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic