SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wish List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SierraHotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2013 at 6:50am
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

I will start preparing the software in accordance with the above, associating wind shear with squalls and thunderstorms.

Stephen

It just keeps getting better and better. Opus; add-on of the decade without doubt.Clap
Japo32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Japo32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2013 at 10:29am
Maybe sounds foolish.. but I wish have a walk-free camera in Opus. To manage it moving around with arrow keys (or wasd keys) and shift for walking fast. Also the positibilty of move up and down flying in first person if we wish. All toggle by a button.

Nice to make walk arounds, videos and enjoy our scenaries. An step sound and little movement of head would be good to have maybe also :)

Thanks!
bmabes View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2013 at 4:37pm
The season is upon us soon here in Texas: Tornadoes!

This is a 'wish' list right ;)

Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2013 at 4:39pm
The betas are not mandatory, just download and install the release updates or continue using your current version, the choice is yours.

Stephen

P.S. The current 2.94 betas will soon form release version 3.00.
peebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2013 at 6:52am
The betas are stable anyway as most of us who have been on the forum and use opusFSX already know. Why wait months for a release update, when you can get the benefit of the improvements made straight away. Most of the tweaking Stephen does is to help people out with problematical systems, they get an immediate fix for their individual problems and can use opusFSX without having to wait months for a fix.
Keep up the good work Stephen and Cheryl.
Phil
electric man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electric man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2013 at 10:32am
Answer for jap032, maybe this is what you are looking for; BOB from ORBX, this is like a guy walking around where you want it, it's free and comes with settings for sounds like big airports or lokal runways and bird sounds, it installs like an adon airplane and you can choose it like one, ideal for some movie making to show an airport or to walk up to a plane and then switch planes to what you want.
regards Herman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2013 at 12:26pm
Totally not compatible with LC and DHM of course since you can never have more than one program controlling the eye point.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electric man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2013 at 1:39pm
Is that an answer to my post Stephen? this BOB thing from ORBX is nothing more then another plane but without textures but with views like the other planes, it even has its own cfg so I don't know if your answer is relevant here.
SkipperMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkipperMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2013 at 3:15pm
Yes, BOB is an invisible aeroplane that can't fly so you cant walk around your favourite aircraft and admire its shapely lines. Works fine with TrackIR and I'm sure it would be fine with Live Camera as well although I've never actually used "him" with OpusFSX.
SkipperMac aka Norman
i7 2600k @ 3.5GHz | Asus P8P67Pro | 8GB DDR3 RAM | nVidia 9800GTX+ 512 MB | 2 x 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2013 at 3:22pm
Sounds interesting.

Stephen
SkipperMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkipperMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2013 at 3:38pm
BOB is useful for admiring airfield scenery, but not much else.
SkipperMac aka Norman
i7 2600k @ 3.5GHz | Asus P8P67Pro | 8GB DDR3 RAM | nVidia 9800GTX+ 512 MB | 2 x 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD
bmabes View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2013 at 4:00pm
Oh on a serious note for the wishlist, I believe it was mentioned before and maybe I can't find it now, but I was hoping for a way to cycle through camera positions inside an aircraft. Right now I believe each camera position gets it's own key assignment. For example I have a pilot cam and a rear seat cam in one of the prop planes set to ctrl+alt+p and crtl+alt+r respectively. If I were to add more cameras, remembering all the key assignments could get confusing.

Is it possible to set a single key/button for opus that cycles through all cameras assigned to an aircraft on repeated presses, similar to how hitting S or A cycles through the various FSX cameras and views?
bdf369 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdf369 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2013 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by bmabes bmabes wrote:

Oh on a serious note for the wishlist, I believe it was mentioned before and maybe I can't find it now, but I was hoping for a way to cycle through camera positions inside an aircraft. Right now I believe each camera position gets it's own key assignment. For example I have a pilot cam and a rear seat cam in one of the prop planes set to ctrl+alt+p and crtl+alt+r respectively. If I were to add more cameras, remembering all the key assignments could get confusing.

Is it possible to set a single key/button for opus that cycles through all cameras assigned to an aircraft on repeated presses, similar to how hitting S or A cycles through the various FSX cameras and views?

I think it already works that way. From the LC manual:

"The same joystick button or keyboard input can be assigned to multiple camera views. In such cases, repeated use of the assigned button or key will cycle through the assigned camera views."
Japo32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Japo32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2013 at 11:50pm
well the problem with bob is that is controlled with throttle and joystick I think. I would like to have a arrow keys or something, with mouse looking. 
Yes.. maybe is is not too much for use, but sometimes I always wanted to look around to see something and I couldn't. I could download BoB but I preffer to have all in one program.

Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2013 at 5:17am
I assign separate joystick buttons to each view and the same key to all of them. Then I can select individual views using the buttons and cycle through the aircraft's views by pressing the assigned key.

Stephen
Akila View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2013 at 9:19am
I have a feature request.
in the manual it states that in order to have the best weather depicted in FSX, one must enter at least those two parameters into Opus weather config.
1. DES APT
2. MAX ALT
 this is done in the Opus config window.
My feature request is that we will have the ability to enter those parameters not only in the Weather config, but also the ability to set those in the OpusFSI (Add-ons / Weather Report Window) if one prefers to do it that way.

For me, this removes the need for exiting FSX full screen (ALT-ENTER) , ALT-TAB to head over the the OPUS config and fill those in, then back to FSX and ALT-ENTER again to resume full screen.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2013 at 9:37am
Yes, but how can you do that. There is no facility to enter text in the weather report windows, they are actually standard FSX menu windows, similar to the FSX radio options window. There is also no facility for an external program to integrate a dialog entry into FSX or request any for of user text input. If there were a simple way for users to enter text within the FSX interface we would already use it.

But you should specify your destination and cruise altitude before flight so I don't think its too much of a pain since it can all be done before you even begin your flight.

I should also point out the weather windows are limited to just 10 numbered lines of text, which are the max number of menu items you can display in those windows. It would have to be done in a similar style to entering phone text but via the FSX menu interface.

I will have another think about what options there are but there are no facilities in FSX for this sort of thing. The actual FSX procedure for suspending full screen mode and allowing dialog entry in fraught with problems and bugs. I believe without a fix the sim actually just fails, totally ruining the flight, or you end up with a blank display.

Stephen
feebee View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2013 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by bmabes bmabes wrote:

Posted: November-26-2012 at 11:32am
Originally posted by curbz curbz wrote:

Hi Stephen... would it be possible to implement a second button/key assignment to a view to allow cycling in the opposite direction to the previous view? That would very be a very useful feature - I have quite a few cameras and it would be a lot quicker that having to cycle forwards through all the views. Hope that's a possibility.

Thanks
Darren

We will consider doing this when we get round to looking at Live Camera improvements, I will make a note of it but best bring it up then just in case. For now we are busy with the Live Weather upgrades.

Regards
Stephen /QUOTE

Reminding you about the 'opposite direction' key as you requested above to Darren.

Graham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2013 at 4:28pm
I might be able to add two shortcuts for general cycling through all camera views relating to the current selected aircraft type. One to cycle forward the othe backward. It would just cycle through all configured views.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electric man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2013 at 4:16am
Hi Stephen, as to Akila's post maybe there is a way, the standard GPS can be filled in with the keyboard so maybe there is a solution in that direction,
just my 5cent
Herman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2013 at 4:33am
OpusFSX is an external program so cannot interface in that manner. But I may be able to do something else.

Stephen
Japo32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Japo32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2013 at 12:14pm
flying today I noticed of something don't like.

I know the clouds cannot be removed the popup.. ok.. But what about the visibility change?
Flying suddently rain and a little fog came. No problem with the suddent rain.. of course.. but could it be possible to fade in fade out the visibility? I remember in AS2012 that the fog was fade in and fade out gradually more or less.. but don't know if that was made because the different way to inject weather.

Thanks!
Tutdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tutdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2013 at 2:30am
For us cockpit builders, implementing code to allow OPUS Server to recognize the Connexion 3D mouse would be a great way to set up multiple views instead of using the multiple arrows.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2013 at 3:44am
There are only certain visibility levels that can be set. They have finer increments at the lower vis levels but get coarser at higher levels. 16 available levels in total. Fog does have hard edges in real life. FSX cannot take into account lower vis layers when rendering its vertical vis, nor can it take into account sorrounding horizontal vis layers when rendering its horizontal viz. You cannot therefore graduate too finely horizontally, from cell to cell, and still adhere to the METAR reported visibilities. At lower vis levels the LWE can only impose a 3000m smoothing gradient, otherwise it usually fails to meet the reported METAR vis changes from cell to cell. The 16km (10 mile) weather cells are the finest resolution FSX can manage.

METAR injects can result in FSX slowly changing the vis but then the weather is morphed and poorly interpolated so rarely matches the RW conditions at all.

Normally we are able to slowly decrease the vis, but fog does have hard edges to its vertical vis layers in real life. Haze doesn't, mist does a little bit, but fog definitely does. I may be able to implement a rapid change at the fog layer's vertical boundary though.

I will see about improving the boundary layers where I can but will not be able to do much about the horizontal vis settings unless you want me to disregard the actual METAR reports. I will try reducing the lowest smoothing limit to 2000m.

OpusFSX does not handle the mouse or joystick inputs directily, it does everything through the FSX SimConnect interface. FSX needs control over the mouse and mouse focus to allow you to operate controls and switches.

Stephen
B777ER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B777ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2013 at 1:47pm
Have a way to force destination metar a greater distance. I am finding even inputting the destination into the LWE it is still not setting the correct weather soon enough. It does set it but it is taking from my experience until on short final for it to set. This includes winds and visibility. For example last night going into KSFO the vis was reduced and the wind were calm. The LWE did a fair job getting the destination surface winds correct but the reduced visibility did not get set until I was inside the outer marker.

Can there be a way other than setting the destination metar to force the destination weather to be injected sooner? Something like at 20nm the LWE will force inject the destination metar to be injected? Sure it might mess up another metar if it is in close proximity but the user I think would want accurate destination weather.
Eric

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2013 at 2:00pm
With the latest beta, if you specify the destination then the LWE checks the destination weather status at 64km (40 miles), 48km (30 miles), and finally at 32km (20 miles). It doesn't necessarily force a weather update just checks against when the last update was performed. Trying to keep a balance of making sure the destination weather is up to date and refreshed. I used to also check at 80km (50 miles) beyond this it is a waste of time due to the limited ability of FSX to store accurate weather at distance.

I will reinstate the 80km check and perhaps force a full weather update at say the 48km or 32km point as well as tighten the weather checks. You will have to accept one or two more updates as you approach your destination.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2013 at 2:38pm
Of course, the above only occurs if you have specified your Destination in the Weather dialog. If not the LWE has no idea where you are going so cannot check and update the weather.

Stephen
Dedicate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dedicate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2013 at 2:44pm
My wish list, an option to update just the wind.
I don't like to update the clouds I've got a lot of sudden change but I think an option to update just the wind can be possible to create and it will be very helpfull !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2013 at 2:55pm
I'm sorry but the entire weather has to be injected. FSX provides no provision to update part of the weather, it has to be all or nothing. You cannot even update specific areas. Also even if there has been absolutely no change to the clouds they are repositioned and redrawn any time the weather is injected. There is no finesse built into the FSX weather system.

Stephen
B777ER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B777ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2013 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

I will reinstate the 80km check and perhaps force a full weather update at say the 48km or 32km point as well as tighten the weather checks. You will have to accept one or two more updates as you approach your destination.

Stephen

Brilliant! The 80km check and the force weather update at 48 or 32km would be great! Many thanks!
Eric
egkkman View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote egkkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2013 at 8:11am
Stephen,

I note the introduction of windshear.

Thanks very much, when able I'll give it try.

Dave
Dedicate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dedicate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 6:46am
FSX ! Doesnt matter for my request
bmabes View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 8:46pm
great! the V Shift+V shortcuts are working superb! Now I'm not afraid to add more camera views without forgetting the shortcuts.

Now, like every archetype who gets a genie in a lamp, I'm gonna get greedy with these wishes:
I've begun using the camera transition speed at higher values like 100 for slow slides around the various camera views (always ignored the setting before) pretty cool effect! My wish here would be to add a bit of easing to slower views (say above 50?) so that the camera accelerates from, and decelerates into the positions. I'm assuming opus controls the velocities between camera views? It might cost a little more to calculate and may not be worth it if it causes stutters or something. But if it's doable, it'd be a nice little polish to the slow transition effect.
EdwardS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwardS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by russianspd russianspd wrote:

Originally posted by EdwardS EdwardS wrote:

I believe peebee [Phil] already covered this but I will second. The ability to feed in a flight plan and have OpusFSX predict trip times between waypoints and total predicted trip time based on winds aloft.

Seem my post in the coming soon. I am speculating the gist of any type of OPUS Flight Plan assistance will be just FP waypoints and providing wind and temp data and maybe weather predictions. You want to have waypoint data info for times and fuel use PFPX when it comes out. They both will be using the same data source.
No, not fuel use. I have never said fuel use in any post. You may be confusing me with another person? At any rate I only want times. Since Opus will be doing wind data if I provide a GS it should be able to do the math and tell me how long it takes to get from one waypoint to another.
Ed Smoker
WillyWonka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillyWonka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 11:03pm
1. Can we force a weather update from the FSX menu? Maybe something like Addon > OpusFSX Live Weather > Force Update. Then we don't have to leave FSX, click on Weather in Opus, and click Force Update there.

2. Can we see in FSX when was the last successful update? Maybe something like Addon > Opus Live Weather Report > Last Update 30 Minutes Ago. Sometimes my connect drops out and there's no way for me to know that without leaving FSX and check the connection from the desktop. This one time I landed with very outdated weather because it couldn't update.
Stoli151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoli151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2013 at 12:29am
I would like to see more dangerous thunderstorms if it can be done. Simulate updrafts, downdrafts, microbursts, etc. Right now there is barely a reason to divert for weather, you can fly an ultralight right through a T-storm without a problem. Thanks for a great program. It has been worth every penny I paid.
WillyWonka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillyWonka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2013 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Stoli151 Stoli151 wrote:

I would like to see more dangerous thunderstorms if it can be done. Simulate updrafts, downdrafts, microbursts, etc. Right now there is barely a reason to divert for weather, you can fly an ultralight right through a T-storm without a problem. Thanks for a great program. It has been worth every penny I paid.
Wouldn't a weather radar be required to properly deviate from weather?
Stoli151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoli151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2013 at 1:11am
Originally posted by WillyWonka WillyWonka wrote:

Well, yes. But right now you don't need to deviate. So I guess I am asking for both.(Strong storms and radar) Some of my payware planes I use have radars so I didn't think about it. Alternatively, I could just pretend the storms are strong enough to cause problems for my flight and deviate anyway.Wink
mcubine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcubine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2013 at 1:14am
Originally posted by WillyWonka WillyWonka wrote:

Originally posted by Stoli151 Stoli151 wrote:

I have yet too see a line of thunderstorms in any FSX weather program so you don't have to pick you way thru a line using radar. I have seen widely spaced thunderstorms so you can just fly around it and get back on route on the other side of the TS.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine, I7-2700K 4.6 GHz, 8 GB G.Skill RipJaws 1866MHz, GTX 580X 3072MB, ASRock Z68G.ProfessionalGen3 MOB, ASUS 27"LED, Windows7 64bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2013 at 3:37am
1. Can we force a weather update from the FSX menu? Maybe something like Addon > OpusFSX Live Weather > Force Update. Then we don't have to leave FSX, click on Weather in Opus, and click Force Update there.

2. Can we see in FSX when was the last successful update? Maybe something like Addon > Opus Live Weather Report > Last Update 30 Minutes Ago. Sometimes my connect drops out and there's no way for me to know that without leaving FSX and check the connection from the desktop. This one time I landed with very outdated weather because it couldn't update

These are already included, have been for a long time ...

1. You already can force a weather update by two methods...

a) Using the 'Update Weather' shortcut command.
b) Using the Addons - OpusFSI Live Weather - Load Dynamic Weather menu option.

2. You can already see the time of the last weather update, its displayed in all the Opus weather report windows. You should be checking or displaying your Destination weather report window anyway, thats what its there for. Then you will be able to see the time when the weather was last updated along with the actual METAR zulu day and time stamp.

Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic