SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Two GPS units in one plane?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kronzky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two GPS units in one plane?
    Posted: July-20-2011 at 3:01pm
I would like to create a modified GPS gauge which only consists of the screen — no buttons, no frame — to put into my radio stack. Then, when I want to adjust the settings I'd bring up the popup GPS, and do my clicking there.

I assume that, to achieve this, I'd have to create a modified version of the standard GPS unit, and put that into the radio stack. The other, original one with all the buttons, would be used in the popup.

Is this be possible? Can FSX handle more than one GPS unit, and would they be in synch?
I somehow suspect they *wouldn't* be, and the button-less one would always be in default mode.

If that is indeed the case, can anybody think of a different approach to achieve what I'm after?
Kronzky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kronzky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2011 at 10:50pm
Looks like the principle is working after all.

I can adjust the settings on one GPS, and they will be mirrored on the second one (probably because the gauge element is named the same ("fs9gps:map"):

Now it's "just" a matter of tweaking the position of all those gauge elements...
Bill Wolfgen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Wolfgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2011 at 12:28am
I have ingrated 4 gps page and FPL input blocks into my J-10, and plus 1 remote input block. so I think more than one GPS in one plane is ok, but it may have slower FPS.
Tech Support for Bear Studios`s Red Wing Product Line
n4gix1303 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n4gix1303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 2:53pm
Not all GPS functions will remain "in synch." As such what you seek is not 100% achievable.
Bill Leaming
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
Flightsim Rig:Intel® Core™ i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - GeForce GTX550Ti 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic