SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > AirWrench - Air Traffic FX - GeoApr and FS Stall Effects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Solved] AirTrafficFx issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robert0606 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved] AirTrafficFx issues
    Posted: March-03-2020 at 11:59pm
Hello I am experiencing two problems with this software.

When I "add formation to local air traffic queue", after they takeoff the last plane is always bugged. It doesn't stay in formation and the planes attitude jerks and twitches around.

When I "add formation with flight plan to enroute traffic" the planes don't appear on the radar or in the general area, but if I make a new view on them, I see they are stuck in a featureless void.

Contents of log file:

AirTrafficFX v4.28
Log file opened...
Windows 6.3
Wed Mar 04 06:50:33 2020 - Licensed version
Found 325 aircraft variations - 325 added to aircraft list
Start simconnect interface

Connected to Flight Simulator!
Open: Lockheed MartinĀ® Prepar3DĀ® v4 v4.5.13.32097
SimConnectVersion: 4.5.0.0
UID=1 Lat=-29.966708  Lon=30.948322  Alt=36.8  V=0.0  Heading=130.89
Distance to LAX=9227.4
Distance to JFK=7170.0
mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2020 at 12:22pm
With respect to  "add formation to local air traffic queue" issue, this may be a performance issue.  Adding too many aircraft may overload the system.  Do you notice an effect on the frame rate?  Have you tried different numbers or types of aircraft in the formation?

With respect to "add formation with flight plan to enroute traffic", the added aircraft should appear in flight above the flight plan's departure location.  Try creating a simple airport to airport VFR flight plan using airports near your aircraft's starting location and using that flight plan for the formation.

If the problems persist, I will investigate further.
robert0606 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robert0606 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2020 at 12:26am
I play with locked 30 FPS, to look for performance issues I had to unlock the frameratre. Before adding planes: 177 FPS, after adding 36 planes: 139 FPS

The number of planes in the formation makes no difference, its always the last one that is buggy.

Your suggestion for testing enroute traffic is exactly how I have been doing it. I used joinfs to see if it would show where the planes were placed, it said 3854nm away from my location. I think there is a runway DB problem. If I click "update runway database" button and then "ok" button, the dialog closes and the runways are not updated.
mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2020 at 12:33am
Thanks for the feedback and extra info.  What airports are you using for your location and flight plans? 
robert0606 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robert0606 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2020 at 12:11pm
My plane at FADN, flight plan FADN to FAPM. I have tried other locations, no difference.
mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2020 at 11:07am
I've found the program works with flight plans in the northern hemisphere, but it is not handling flight plans in the southern hemisphere correctly and will need to be updated to fix the problem.

Investigating the "add formation to local air traffic queue" issue is next in the queue, and I'll post back when I've got a better handle on that one.

mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2020 at 10:20am
Both problems have been found and corrected.  An updated version of the program should be available to download in the near future.
mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2020 at 8:41pm
Version 4.29 is now live.  Use the 'Check for Updates' button on the About tab to download the update.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic