SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Issues all the time pls help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megs8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issues all the time pls help.
    Posted: September-19-2014 at 7:21am
Ok bought software, installed as network.

Both server and client installed as admin UAC TURNED OFF. Running Win 7 FSX installed separate drive.

Fsi panel installed to PF X86 folder by default? Is this ok or should it be installed into fsx folder?

Basically I have installed an aircraft pmdg737 on server, then I run server then fsx, once fsx start I load ngx to KLAX 25 L runway. Done all good so far.

Then I start client program 8nm final weather etc etc send weather then load plane, fsx the. Puts plane on final and it just hovers in the air with text top left from fsi saying trimming aircraft please wait and that's it nothing. It changes course on MCP and sets all that up just nothing else?

I have tried it at YMML and manage to do 2 approaches no probs.

I'd appreciate some help it's very hit/miss at the moment.

I have all slew controls removed from fsx controls Aswell.

Wayne.
J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2014 at 7:55am
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your purchase and for this report.
I have just tried the same approach in KLAX, 25L, 8NM.

When FSiPanel is in trimmming phase with the PMDG 737, you should have the following:

- A/T should be ON
- Speed should be set to Vapp 153
- ALT HOLD.
- AP ON.

All this parameters are normally set for you, you don't have to do anything.

The conditions to release the flight to the pilots are :
- Altitude is correct
- N1 is stable
- Vapp is reached.

Probably that one of these condition was missing in your case, we have to find which one and why, I suspect something wrong with the IAS, maybe a joystick override autothrust and your thrust levers were commanded idle ?

Have a look at my screenshot below, you should have exactly the same conditions on your approach.

Monitor your autothrottle trying to reach 153, is it working?

Please try again this approach and let me know!

J-P

FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2014 at 8:00am
I can upload the video of this approach if you would like to compare, just let me know.
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
megs8888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megs8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2014 at 8:02am
I'll try tomorrow afternoon, but I thought the software set all those options for you, the speed on tape seems to struggle to get to 153 it sits on 145 or thereabouts, initially when loading fsx initialized the ngx at the same time fsx panel is counting down to, the it gets to trimming aircraft please wait and that's it never hands control to me with pause option.
megs8888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megs8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2014 at 8:11am
That would be great if you can I'll compare tomorrow, not sure why it seems to hang though, should I reinstall software again? Should I install to fsx directory.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2014 at 8:20am
No, no need to reinstall, installation is good.

The problem lies with your autothrottle and joystick...
If you look on other forums, you will see that some pilots have the same kind of problem, speed dropping even though the A/T is on...

Reason is that the controller (joystick) is overriding the autothrottle inputs. In your approach, your A/T is set to maintain 153kts but another input is coming to retard the thrust, therefore the aircraft never reaches the target speed 153 required to give you the controls.

Please try the following, in trimming phase, when you see that your speed is low, advance your thrust levers to increase the speed to 153 kts. I recommend putting A/T override to NEVER on PMDG setup. see below

PLEASE TRY THIS:

- before hitting MOVE A/C, go to FSX and hit CTRL-K, this will disable all joystick inputs.

- Press MOVE AC

See if this time the aircraft reaches the target speed.
You can then take control, hit CTRL-K to activate your joystick and fly the approach.

If this works, we need to work on your joystick thrust assignment.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
megs8888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megs8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2014 at 8:23am
Ok JP I'll be in touch :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2014 at 8:34am
Please find below the video of my approach.
Everything should be automatic until you get controls.

Youtube ILS 25L KLAX
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
megs8888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megs8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2014 at 2:33am
OK, JP I did a fresh install, done everything you asked, still no joy the NGX just hovers in the air with the spped around 144 wont get to 153 and i have no control, by that I mean top left corner "My Control, trimming your aircraft properly please wait...." thats it aircraft has been set correctly by fsi panel in relation to you screenshots and video, however it does not give me the opportunity to unpause. what else can we try because I really want this to work. :) Wayne.
megs8888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megs8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2014 at 2:55am
Tried other airports and aircraft same thing just tells me to wait trimming aircraft properly please wait.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2014 at 6:24am
What is your N1 when stuck in trimming?
Have you tried ctrl-K before move ac?
Can you take a screenshot and post it?
We will sort it out, don't worry!
J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
megs8888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megs8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2014 at 6:37am
N1 was about 28% control k I might have to do that in fsuipc as I have disabled controllers in fsx. Tried moving throttles away from idle no good. I have also tried reinstall to just standalone same issues. If you can tell me how to setup ctr k in fsuipc that would help and any more advice I will have to look tomorrow. Wayne.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2014 at 6:48am
Ok. Good news. N1 shouldn't be at idle...that's the problem!
In FSUIPC, try to remove Throttle axis assignment. Then on ground with any aircraft, try to increase thrust, shouldn't work anymore.

Then try another approach with FSiPanel keeping in mind that you won't have control on thrust, just to see if your autothrust is working as it should.

if that work, we will have found the exact problem and we can move on.
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic