SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Invalid licence message

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invalid licence message
    Posted: July-23-2019 at 1:06am

I have installed OpusFSI_v527_Beta_msi on my C Drive on a new computer for use with P3D4.5, but when I try to activate it I get a message saying "invalid licence, Opus FSI licence missing".
This occurs despite the fact that the relevant licence key is in my C Drive Opus Software folder.
However, I can get Opus to operate in demo mode.
My Flight 1 purchase history of Opus is as follows:
Oct 5, 2012
Opus Software - OpusFSX Flight Simulator Interface for FSX

Apr 20, 2015
Opus Software - OpusFSI Flight Simulator Interface

Sep 21, 2017
Opus Software - OpusFSI Version 5 Flight Simulator Interface

Feb 18, 2018
Opus Software - OpusFSI Version 5 Flight Simulator Interface

Don't know what to do next!

Rod
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2019 at 1:15am
Hi Rod,

The licence key file is not the licence, its the key file you use to activate the licence (.lic) file. The licence file is hardware specific so cannot be transferred or copied from one PC to another. The PCs hardware will also change if new drives are added. If you have a new PC then you must download the latest release Purchase EXE wrapper file and use that with your key file to activate (generate) a licence file. See HOW TO REINSTALL topic.

After creating your licence file you should then install the latest release or beta software using the relevant msi.

Stephen
cyberpilot View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2019 at 1:49am
Thanks Stephen - will do.
Rod
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2019 at 2:16am
Stephen, I have followed your reinstall instructions.
When I attempt a reinstallation using either my Flight1 login and password or using my key file I get a message saying I have a valid registration, we will now extract your application to C Opus Software.
But when I attempt to do this I get another message saying 'there was an error installing files, make sure read only or open files are not in the target folder."
This has got me completely bamboozled.
Rod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2019 at 2:29am
OK. Make sure you are using the correct wrapper for your product (full or upgrade), run in Admin Mode after downloading it from our sebsite. Try creating the c:\Opus Software and C:\OpusFSI_v5 folders and ensure sharing, permissions, and drive ownership is set to Everyone. Delete your old lic file just in case blocked. Shutdown AV and Win Defender.

Out of the office until this afternoon.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2019 at 2:33am
note, the order password is not your forum login password. You can request your order password using F1 auto service.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2019 at 5:37am
Manually creating the c:\Opus Software folder and deleting any previous .lic file will most likely solve the issue providing you use the correct Purchase EXE, key file, and order password.

Regards
Stephen
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2019 at 5:39am
Stephen, I can only repeat that I have followed all of your instructions to the letter but I still get 'there was an error installing files, make sure read only or open files are not in the target folder."
You have a wonderful product but why is it such a fickle process reinstalling it?
I've installed scores of flightsim products over the years and with a few exceptions none has caused me as much frustration as the Opus/Flight 1 wrapper system.
Active Sky, Rex Skyforce etc etc are a breeze to reinstall but Opus has always caused me headaches and is definitely not user friendly.
It's late here and I'm calling it a day.

Rod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2019 at 5:41am
Manually creating the c:\Opus Software folder and deleting any previous .lic file will most likely solve the issue providing you use the correct Purchase EXE, key file, and order password.

This worked for the last person receiving the Windows error. Windows not letting the EXE create the folder or overwrite the .lic file.

Regards
Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic