SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dimmer... and other switches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turner112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dimmer... and other switches
    Posted: May-03-2012 at 8:04am
Hi all,

I got FSPS recently and really like it.

Both the RXP N and T series are installed as well as the 430; I'll be adding the 530 and Unlimited add-on shortly. I'm using this to create an IFR panel on my main monitor and want to add a few things I can't quite figure out (this applies to 2D panel only):

1) A dimmer. I see some provision in the RXP setup interface to allow dimming, but cannot seem to find a dimmer in any of my FSX panels...

2) This is a more general question about switches. Beyond the instrumentation, I'd like to add all the switches I'd normally use (fuel pump, pitot heat, lights, etc.) but am not sure of the best way to go about this; I assume when a switch is added, it "keeps" the function it was designed for?

Ultimately I'd like to be able to put the labels for the switches on the panel itself and use the same switch graphic but assign different functions... again, not sure how to do this!

I'm going to download the manual now but any help appreciated.

thanks,
Andrew
Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2012 at 11:52am
1) You can add an RXP Dimmer gauge (by hand). Just try rxpfln!Dimmer, x,y,width,height.

2) Yes, you can re-use a gauge from one cockpit panel in another. A gauge usually has a bitmap (graphic) as well as functionality
included in the code.

Try reading here for more information:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526953.aspx
Bert
Turner112 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turner112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2012 at 1:06pm
Thanks Bert.

Just out of curiosity - where do I find the RXP dimmer? I looked pretty carefully but must have missed it. I'm using FS Panel Studio and browsed that way.

Also, is there a straightforward way to re-assign a switch?

[edit] Ok, I found the dimmer, but am having 2 problems:

1) It doesn't do anything noticeable

2) Looks ok in FSPS but is stretched vertically quite a bit (10:1 possibly)

I realize I could probably resize it numerically but have not had this problem with FSPS and am wondering what could be going on.

cheers,
Andrew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2012 at 11:32am
Sorry, I do this stuff by hand... according to the RXP WAAS Service Manual:

"Additional Gauges

rxpGNS!Dimmer
The integral lighting dimmer knob - The original gauge resolution in pixels is: 230x230"

I also believe that the RXP WAAS config app has an on/off dimmer setting.
Bert
Turner112 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turner112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2012 at 11:40am
Oh - thanks... I was hoping to dim the T and N. I'll look at those manuals.

(I originally did them by hand... wasn't too bad, but I like being able to visually browse...)

cheers
Andrew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2012 at 11:55am
I believe there is only one RXP dimmer, regardless of the name..

You can call it up as FLT, FLN, GNS...
Bert
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic