SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AFX for Fs9 - Preview not Available

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AFX for Fs9 - Preview not Available
    Posted: October-21-2007 at 3:20am

I purchased AFX a couple of days ago.

Lock to FS, Preview in FS and Preview Mouse Curser features are 'greyed out' - put another way do not work.
Also, I start AFX first then Fs9, but cannot see the Red Cross representing my aircraft.   I don't have this problem with the Freeware AFCAD 2.21.

Ken

When I say a word, it means exactly what I want it to mean
FSDiscoverer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2007 at 7:37am
Please have a look into your FS9 modules folder. Does it have a file AFXModuleFS9.dll?

If not, go to the AFX program folder, run ModuleInstaller and tell it to install the FS9 module (be sure to specify the correct folder for FS9).

Ken Day View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2007 at 9:18am

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The AFXModuleFS9.dll was not in my Fs9 Folder.   After following your instructions I now one in my Fs9 Modules folder and another in Program Files  Smile   AFX is working fine now, thank you for your very quick response.

Ken
When I say a word, it means exactly what I want it to mean
maplehurst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maplehurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2019 at 10:00am
I have moved from the box version of FSX to FS Steam and reinstalled the latest version of AFX. The AFXModuleFSX.dll is resident in the AFX folder and in the FS-SE FSX Modules folder yet Preview is greyed out and lock to FS does not show the red cross symbol.

Running the ModuleInstaller did not place the .dll file in the 'right' place and I had to move this to the FSX Modules folder.

Any help really would be appreciated.

Michael

maplehurst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maplehurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2019 at 10:23am
Following on from my last post 02/15/2019

Does there need to be any items added to the dll.xml or exe.xml files in the user AppData Roaming Microsoft FSX folder ? If so what ?

thanks
Michael
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic