SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Add bmp Frame to Existing Guage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Add bmp Frame to Existing Guage
    Posted: November-05-2007 at 10:08am

I just bought your fantastic product yesterday mainly to make custom mini-panels for my aircraft, and I really, really love it -- it seems almost expressly made for my needs and level of expertise.

I've made my first mini-panel for the PS Panels 737NG freeware that incorporates the HSI gauge.  To finish it off I would just like to add a .bmp frame from the master panel mask around the outside border of the gauge, as the gauge apparently doesn't have one affiliated with it.  I 've already created the .bmp I want to use from the full panel mask, but I can't figure out how to merge my new .bmp frame with the existing HSI gauge.  I've even tried bringing the .bmp frame into the mini-panel as an element of the panel itself, so that I could possibly move the existing HSI gauge on top of it, aligning it so that they actually look like one, but there doesn't appear to be a way to do this and limit the frame to one gauge.  (BTW, the PS Panel is installed via .exe installer and none of the gauges are in .cab files.)

I HAVE been able to bring the HSI from the default 737-400 (which has a .bmp frame incorporated into it's design) into my new mini-panel, and then lay the PS Panels' HSI gauge on top of it, which looks "OK" -- but the frame on the default gauge doesn't match the rest of the gauges and doesn't look as professional as I would like.  I know I'm going to want to do this type of thing more in the future, if it's possible and it seems I should be able to do something like this in the Create or Edit Gauge utilities.

Can someone tell me how to do this with FSPS, or perhaps point me to a step by step guide on how to do it?  I would think this isn't an uncommon request, but I wasn't able to turn any thing up in a search here.

Even if this can't be done, I think I'm really going to enjoy having this product!

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic