SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Xtreme Cities USA SouthCentral for p3dv4?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markm75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xtreme Cities USA SouthCentral for p3dv4?
    Posted: July-28-2017 at 1:44pm
I'm not sure if this is the right area for this or not.. Xtreme cities seems to have vanished from the product listings as well (what happened to this, there were planned other USA regions?)..

I'm trying to find out if there is a p3dv4 installer for this available?

Thanks in advance
http://tech-stew.com
http://flight-stew.com
Z170-a; SL Delid 6700k 4.7 F4-3200C15D-16GVK @1.40; Evga 1080FTW Hy
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 2:40pm
I am sorry, but the Xtreme Cities product concept was discontinued a while back.   We spent a few years enhancing the tech used in Xtreme Cities and then the goal was release new Cityscapes under the XpressSim line (which does support P3D V4).   However, recent developments on XpressSim are also put on hold due to extremely low sales.    The market just cannot seem to sustain these types of products at such a low price.  Or, we have just not been able to reach enough of the customer base.  In fact, we could not even get the major flight sim sites to announce our products.   Either way, despite the popularity of the XpressSim products here in our forum, global sales are only about 1/10 of what is needed to continue development.    

Ultimate Terrain already has global name recognition, which is what keeps it alive.  So, it will continue to be our main focus.
Allen

markm75 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markm75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by akriesman akriesman wrote:

I am sorry, but the Xtreme Cities product concept was discontinued a while back.   We spent a few years enhancing the tech used in Xtreme Cities and then the goal was release new Cityscapes under the XpressSim line (which does support P3D V4).   However, recent developments on XpressSim are also put on hold due to extremely low sales.    The market just cannot seem to sustain these types of products at such a low price.  Or, we have just not been able to reach enough of the customer base.  In fact, we could not even get the major flight sim sites to announce our products.   Either way, despite the popularity of the XpressSim products here in our forum, global sales are only about 1/10 of what is needed to continue development.    

Ultimate Terrain already has global name recognition, which is what keeps it alive.  So, it will continue to be our main focus.
Ah.. thats unfortunate.. it was a good product.. i tried to plug the SouthCentral one on my site awhile back, though not a high profile site :)

I guess there is no easy way to force it into p3dv4.. ie: if you install it with only p3dv4 in play, it gets confused as the config tool cant configure scenery.cfg.. perhaps manually editing config files would get around it I guess.

http://tech-stew.com
http://flight-stew.com
Z170-a; SL Delid 6700k 4.7 F4-3200C15D-16GVK @1.40; Evga 1080FTW Hy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic