SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

XpressSim Product Request Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XpressSim Product Request Thread
    Posted: December-22-2016 at 1:35pm
Greetings everyone.   Today is the "official" public release for XpressSim.   Press releases are just now coming out and traffic is picking up.

As we have mentioned before, we would like to have a long-term mechanism in place to allow our XpressSim customers to make requests for future products.   We have some good ideas for a long term system to be implemented.   However, in the short-term, I am starting this thread to handle customer requests for possible new scenery areas to be worked on in the near future.

The requests can be large Cityscapes, airport regions or both in cases where both are relatively close proximity of each other.   Please, only current XpressSim users should make the requests.   The reason for this is due to the fact that XpressSim users know exactly what the product line can provide and will know what to expect in future products releases.

Each request should include:
  1. The airport ICAO code and/or city name
  2. A good reason why this location is desirable.
Here are factors that will be considered when we select areas to be worked:
  • Popularity: Cityscapes or airport regions that would be desirable to a decent percentage of the flight sim community.    We need to focus on areas that might be of interest to a minimum of about 200 users.
  • Community Needs: Airports that have either been overlooked by other developers or there is a need because the existing products are either poorly done, incomplete or have too much of a performance/resource penalty.
  • Building footprint data availability: for the large Cityscape requests - we have access to a wide selection of both commercial and freely available footprint data, plus the means of extracting our own footprints from different resources.   However, some areas of the globe are completely missing or incomplete.   We generally have the best footprint access right now for the large Cityscapes throught the USA and Europe.
  • Airport Size: For airport products, airport size could be an important factor.  Our ideal target airports would be airports with a fairly heavy traffic load or airports in an area of particular scenic value.   Huge international airports have already been done in extreme detail by other developers and we most likely will not consider these unless there is a real need (i.e. too heavy of performance/resource use for existing products)
  • Regional Compatibility: It is assumed right now that it is best to release more than 1 XpressSim product in a given region.   This would allow for XpressSim VFR flights between products.   While this is not a primary consideration, it is a minor one.

Please avoid the following requests:
  • Airport requests when there is already quality freeware or commercial products available.    Although, because of the large XpressSim coverage areas around the airport regions, there can be exceptions.
  • Airports that only have a personal significance (sorry).   At some point down the road, we may open up the possibility for doing custom work.  But, this would more likely fall under our commercial services option.
Thanks for the feedback.   We hope to make XpressSim products a community effort as much as possible.  If you love these products and want to see more created at an expanded rate, please spread the word.  

Enjoy everyone.  We look forward to the requests.   Please keep this thread for requests only and if you have any questions about a request, it would be best to start a new thread.

Thanks !
Allen
Allen

vince carlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vince carlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2016 at 11:42am
Hello Allen, and thank you for this opportunity to suggest future Xpress Sim locations.

I look forward to this product's success and I feel it will greatly enhance our simulator world and adventures.

My first nomination is NOT my hometown or a place I have traveled to, yet it holds a special place in my heart and I would love to visit someday.

Lexington, KY - Blue Grass Airport (KLEX) - Taken from the airport's website >>

" Experience one of America's most beautiful air approaches when you arrive to the Lexington area by plane. Internationally-known as the horse capital of the world, Lexington is home to over 450 horse farms as well as the Keeneland Race Course, The Red Mile harness track and Kentucky Horse Park. Lexington's rolling hills, flanked by miles of impeccable white fences, provide some of nature's most stunning countryside.

Located 81 miles south of Cincinnati and 74 miles east of Louisville, the population of the Lexington metropolitan statistical area exceeds 479,000. The region has something to please everyone's tastes. Browse one of the local museums, shop at an art gallery, take in a game at one of the sporting venues, tour a bourbon distillery, enjoy a fine dining experience or brush up on your history at an historic home. "

With service from 4 major airlines providing 18 Non Stop destinations, I feel KLEX and the city scape of Lexington, Kentucky would be a great Xpress Sim "home" to visit.

Another recommendation would be to ALSO consider KCVG and KLOU as compliments to this location.
 EDIT:  Another great Cincinnati airport would be KLUK (Also known as "Sunken Lunken")
Thanks for your great product and I enjoy it often Smile

JerryJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2016 at 12:40pm
Hi Ya'll,

I will officially nominate CYQX, Gander International. Airport and cityscape which can't be more than the Petersborough area.

Why Gander International? Read this:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/31491/september-11th-and-hospitable-people-gander-newfoundland
--
Jerry
jhaley101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhaley101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2017 at 12:44pm
How about Duluth, Minnesota.     City on a hillside, commercial/retail development on the top of the hill.   Beautiful bridges spanning across Lake Superior, from Minnesota to Wisconsin.   

Airport is home to commercial and military traffic.     

Would allow developers here to strut their stuff

JH

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2017 at 12:22am
Here is a quick reply to the 2 suggestions submitted:

1) Gander International - I feel that this is a really good one and is on the list.

2) Duluth - Also looks like a pretty good target area.   It is going to take some thought on how to best define the project boundaries.   Looking at it already I can tell that Duluth Intl airport and the surrounding cities would be one product.   West Duluth thru the north end of Duluth would be a Cityscape product (along with most of Superior).    I am not sure right now what to do with the smaller airport in Superior.

Allen

Psybear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2017 at 11:41am
Please, how about some looks in northern New England.

KLEB - Lebanon Municipal Airport, Lebanon, NH
On a hillside just off the Connecticut River border with Vermont. Lovely area.

KEEN - Dillant–Hopkins Airport, Keene, NH

KAFN - Jaffrey Airport–Silver Ranch, Jaffrey, NH
Very small, very convenient GA airport near Mount Monadnock.

KMHT - Manchester–Boston Regional Airport, Manchester, NH  
Certified for Cat III B Instrument Landing operations, the airport has a reputation for never surrendering to bad weather.

KBTV - Burlington International Airport Burlington, VT
Sitting beside Lake Champlain.

Clayton

Win 10x64-256GB 840Pro | P3Dv3.4-512GB 850Pro
Z87 MPower Max i7-4770K @4.4GHz-U14S | 8GB TridentX @2400MHz 9-11-10-30-1T
GTX770 Lightning 372.54
USN O6 View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 12:21pm
KHOU would be very nice. A major hub for Southwest Airlines.
Best,
Jim

unc1rlm View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unc1rlm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 3:14pm
Someone suggested Duluth, Minnesota.. Good choice.
also home to Duluth Trading Co.
Thanks
Bob M.
northtexas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northtexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 11:24am
How about the Harrisburg, PA area?  It could include KMDT - Harrisburg International, KHAR - Capital City, KMUI - Muir Army Airfield,
KTHV - York Airport & KLNS - Lancaster Airport all in a 40 mile radius of downtown Harrisburg.
Currently there isn't a quality rendition of KMDT.
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 2:43pm
Good list guys.   Appreciated.  Right now Gander is the current work in progress.
Allen

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic