SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Reality XP - Unofficial Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WX500 and PMDG 737

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WX500 and PMDG 737
    Posted: February-15-2010 at 4:30pm
I am having no luck getting the RealityXP WX500 to merge into the panel of the PMDG 737's. I have searched posts and have done everything as directed. It seems that my version of the NDX.gau may be too new of a version to install. Can anyone help me with this? Or where can I get the older version?

Cabito
Cabito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2010 at 8:19pm
I realize that this merge is not supported by RXP or PMDG, therefore I am moving it over to FS9 forum.

Cabito
ametlib View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ametlib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2012 at 10:26am
Well - seems to be that the both side wash their hands in this question. If You ask this from PMDG forum they give to a advice: Ask this from Reality XP forum and vice versa.

I don't really understand about why this kind question are so hard to answere and give a guide that shows "stupid" procedure step by step and put it FAQ section for everybody to read it if need.

WX Radar seems to be working with PMDG J41 very well and there is option to install it same time as You install WX 500 so the the problem isn't that it's not working but about how You get it working a right way for example PMDG 737-800 without pop up window but direct on pedestall or some where else a correct place.

There is an expert a lot - I know that but I don't ever understand why this kind things are so secret that a knowledge can't share by public.

I'm old stupid long term simmer and my lanquage is bad, too so sorry about this. One reason that I don't to do nothing what I don't know is that I don't want to reinstall FS9/FSX some reason of stupid mistake. It's always very hard job with all updates and patches and usally it's need to reinstall OS to get a best result.

If a product is too old to working today a good plan could be to update it...

Now a days there is a lot a good addons that not works anymore with WIN 7 64 and I'm little bit frustrated progress like this.

And yet - if this not supported by PMDG or RXP so who is the supporter?

I'm sorry - don't shoot me, please...

Rolf
alastairmonk View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alastairmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2012 at 2:39am
Hi Rolf,

Is this adding to the 2D Panel or the VC ?

One reason why a step by step method maybe hasn't been forthcoming is that not everyone uses the PMDG 737. I don't have it but can give some general pointers to embedding the gauge in the panels.

Alastair

Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.7GHz, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GTX 680 graphics, Win 7 64-bit

AOPA #04634067
ametlib View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ametlib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2012 at 1:56pm
Hi Alastair!

Thank you for Yours answere.

Well - it would be very nice if  WX Radar would be show both 2D and VC but 2D is first on my list. As I get a one working aircraft with WX I can use a method to an others by my self.

I have FS Panel Studio but I think that isn't very usefull with PMDG's addon reason of some limts I found for example Aerosoft Wilga - it's not allow to made any changes it's panel...

Rolf
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alastairmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 2:39am
Hi Rolf,

If you have FSPS you're probably familiar with adding gauges to spare "space" on the 2D panel or replacing one gauge with another. I'm assuming that there isn't any obvious "space" on the 737 panel to add the WX500 - which I would expect is normally installed for real in the console between the pilots.

Thus one suggestion is to add a small version of the WX500 in a spare space as a small, undersize gauge (like a pop-up button) and add the full-size WX500 as an additional pop-up window (the latter being what the dedicated WX500 installation utility will do.)

Adding the WX500 to the VC is more tricky, as you will probably have to directly replace one of the existing gauges on the VC console if these exist.

If you can post a screenshot of the full 2D panel I might have some other ideas.

Cheers,

Alastair

Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.7GHz, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GTX 680 graphics, Win 7 64-bit

AOPA #04634067
ametlib View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ametlib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 2:14pm
Hi again, Alastair!

I'l try to send a screenshot - it's from 737-800

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alastairmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 2:31am
Hi,

This certainly offers some possibilities ! An obvious one would be to add an extra pop-up window to "cover" one of the two large glass gauges. You could use a screenshot to create a background image with the grey frame and then add the WX500 suitably sized. You could then add a tiny copy of the WX500 as a pop-up button above the other buttons on the left which could trigger the WX500 pop-up.

The VC is more of a problem, as its unrealistic to replace one of the two large glass gauges. If the VC is accommodating you might be able to add one to the console, but I rather doubt it. You may have to settle for a 2D pop-up when you need to refer to the WX500.

Cheers,

Alastair

AOPA #04634067
ametlib View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ametlib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2012 at 8:27am
Hi Alastair!

Sorry - a few busy days...

Yes - thank You Yours assistance. I found a site where is one good guidel about how I can add WX gauge to the 2D Cockpit of he PMDG 737-xxx.

And yes - PMDG's VC it's unrealistic but iFly 737-xxx is would be reallistic for example on the Pedestal. I must continue searching with Google if I found some guide for stupid simmer ...

Regards
Rolf
vpa218 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpa218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2013 at 10:26am
Originally posted by ametlib ametlib wrote:

Hi Alastair!
I found a site where is one good guidel about how I can add WX gauge to the 2D Cockpit of he PMDG 737-xxx.

Which site is that? Can you give me the url?
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic