SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wish List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 9:34am
We will be creating an OpusFSI thread in the near future with details of the planned upgrades and enhancements. This will allow users to provide feedback etc..

Stephen
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 11:37am
I have had a quick word with Cheryl and we will most likely include an Enable Weather Radar Data in the OpusFSX configuration underneath the Enable Weather Map Data option, a free upgrade of course. However we will only provide an Opus weather radar 'out of sim' display in the OpusFSI along with possibly a higher resolution option. The display will be available on the server and on a 'No Connection' type client. We are also looking to offload whatever we can onto the client, for example, offloading all METAR and TAF downloads, the GRIB data download and GRIB data decoding.

Stephen
Falconjet12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falconjet12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 1:49pm
First class service as always from Stephen and Cheryl.
Opus is in my opinion simply THE best weather engine available to date. The realism of the weather generated is second to none...and that's the opinion of a real-world pilot and meteorologist.

Mark.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 2:01pm
Thanks Mark, appreciate your support.

Cheryl :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 2:38pm
I will second that, many thanks Mark, your comments are much appreciated.

Stephen
FSXHERON View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSXHERON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 7:37pm
Thats good to know guys! On my behalf the news that would please me the most is the planning of weather implementation into PMDG aircrafts and by that i mean to find (with PMDG) a solution on the Ngx too. 

The New OpusFSI i will most hope to include something to blow my mind.

Keep up guys and do not forget I and WE (the community) are here to support!

FSXHERON
bdf369 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdf369 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2014 at 8:29pm
I love Opus too! It's part of every flight I make in FSX.

That said, it could always get better. Big smile. I was wondering about the following:

1. Give Opus a flight plan and have it download the weather without starting up the sim. Useful for flight planning, if you can point the planner at the weather file (which includes TAFs?)
2. Download and save all the weather for the flight, so if I can't complete a flight in one sitting I can resume it later with the same weather.
3. Flight weather info file for FSCaptain so its ACARS will show weather at destination, since it can't get it from the sim if the destination is too far away.

That's my "wish" list. In any case Opus is already a fantastic product.

Thanks,
Barry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2014 at 4:24am
Hi Barry

1. Good idea so I will add it to the list. The planner features are obviously not up to me but they should be able to use the software friendly version of the OpusFlightReport.txt file (see item 3 below).

2. Already covered in the proposed new Opus Static Weather Themes which can be used to do exactly what you request saving both world wide weather and all associated GRIB forecast data.

3. We already produce various very detailed text weather reports including the OpusFlightReport.txt file. We also have plans to implement a software friendly version of this report.

Thanks for the kind comments, always appreciate them.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2014 at 4:57am
Just thought I should let you know I have already added the Enable Live Weather Radar option and I am already extracting and processing the simulator's Cloud Density data within OpusFSX.

I am currently working on the processing software for this data to produce our highly detailed cloud density map for use by Weather Radars (e.g. the PMDG 777) which also takes into account the radar's look down angle.

It also looks like I am going to be able to couple this data with the current OpusFSX weather map on a cell by cell basis. All looks very promising for those who want a Weather Radar facility.

Stephen
FSXHERON View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSXHERON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2014 at 5:04am
As always Processionals 

Thanks
Conchulio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conchulio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2014 at 5:19am
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

Just thought I should let you know I have already added the Enable Live Weather Radar option and I am already extracting and processing the simulator's Cloud Density data within OpusFSX.

I am currently working on the processing software for this data to produce our highly detailed cloud density map for use by Weather Radars (e.g. the PMDG 777) which also takes into account the radar's look down angle.

It also looks like I am going to be able to couple this data with the current OpusFSX weather map on a cell by cell basis. All looks very promising for those who want a Weather Radar facility.

Stephen

Those are outstanding news!!

Dominik
paulnd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2014 at 11:55am
Stephen and Cheryl,

You continue to amaze and impress me!

thank you very much
bdf369 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdf369 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2014 at 1:00pm
Thanks Stephen,

Incredible work and support, as usual. Clap

Barry
Erikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2014 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

Very good news, but I am asking myself, did you get information from PMDG or Hifi how you should export the data for PMDG, so that it works with the weather radar?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2014 at 1:21pm
No information from anyone, when necessary we will obviously liaise with PMDG to ensure the data is in a format both parties are happy with. We are still making steady progress although its early days yet and is going to take some time to fully investigate, consider the options, develop etc.. In the meantime I would like to know what changes, enhancements or additions users would like to see for the Live Camera interface.

Of course, users desperate to make use of a weather radar (never really found the need for one myself because the Opus weather reports and weather maps provide ALL the information I need) can always look at using the Reality XP WX500 weather radar Addon. I believe its always been available and has many users with the NGX.

You should always bare in mind that FSX is not an unlimited resource nor does it have unlimited performance, but I believe the WX500 has minimal impact on performance. I personally have no experience with it but do use their excellent GPS 530 in the Lancair.

Stephen
russianspd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2014 at 2:06pm
Supposedly there's a way to merge the reality xp 500 with the actual PFD display in the pmdg. Takes some technical know how. I tried it a while back but wasn't able to get it.

Someone might be able to get this working for FSX??

http://www.mythicalireland.com/other/planes/flight-simulator/PMDG-737-weather-radar/PMDG-737-weather-radar.php

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 2:04am
Hi David,

An excellent link. The Reality XP WX500 is of course available for both FS9 and FSX simulators. As I mentioned above I use their excellent GPS 530 in the Lancair Legacy, it has always worked flawlessly.

Many thanks
Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 10:14am
Quick update ...

Regarding the Opus weather radar data we are currently waiting for further information and clarification from the developers at Lockheed Martin (Prepar3D) before continuing with our proposed upgrade.

Stephen
bdelana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdelana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 5:21pm
Opus just gets better and better. I do have one item that might be of interest to those who are running multiple PC flight decks. Assigning affinity for core allocation does help keep Opus and FSX from stepping on each other when things get complex. FSX supports native affinity assignment via fsx.cfg. I currently use Task Manager to assign Opus a dedicated core after it launches. Having native affinity capability within Opus would eliminate that intermediate step.
bmabes View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2014 at 6:04pm
Often when loading a new flight, the AI traffic gets mixed up between what winds to use.

First, by default it seems, AI traffic uses winds from the north (that could just be my system? ) and once opus LWE loads the weather, if the winds are actually from the South, all the AI traffic already running is still using the wrong Northern winds landing/taking off in the wrong direction. New traffic begins using the correct opus winds. For a 5-10 minutes a big airport like KDFW has planes coming in from both the north and the south as the AI tries to catch up with many go arounds and much craziness.. I should also add that I'm using WOAI traffic, not the default FSX traffic.

Is there any way to have OPUS pre-load weather into the sim before the AI starts, or is there a method to restart AI traffic once the correct weather is injected?
bdf369 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdf369 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2014 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by bmabes bmabes wrote:

Is there any way to have OPUS pre-load weather into the sim before the AI starts, or is there a method to restart AI traffic once the correct weather is injected?

If you have FSUIPC it has a function you can bind to a key called Traffic Density Toggle. You press the key once and traffic is removed, then again and it is restored but will use the current weather. I can confirm that this works. Some weather engines also provide a menu button which does the same thing.

I have also heard that moving the sim time forward or backwards by more than 2 minutes will "reset" the AI, or you can also change the sim rate to 8x and then back to normal.

chumley View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chumley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 1:07am
Is it possible for OPUS to be programmed to mimic the function described by bdf369 immediately after an initial weather load and when say when the user aircraft is say 30nm of the destination airfield?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 1:09am
There's a very simple way to ensure correct AI traffic which I have already explained. Its very simple and works.

From our FAQs..

Ensuring AI traffic uses the correct runway

To ensure your AI traffic uses the correct runway you can do one of two things,

1. Check the current wind and specify that wind manually within FSX before loading the flight. It doesn't matter about any other weather parameters since Opus will update it, but it will allow you to stipulate what the wind is going to be (matching the RW) BEFORE the flight is loaded.

2. Simply select RW Weather in the FSX Weather settings, update the FSX weather and ensure at least the correct wind has been injected. This requires that your point of departure is a met station and has a valid METAR in the now almost defunct Jeppesen database. Again this will set the wind BEFORE the flight is even loaded.

Now you can take your time, process your flight plan, specify your intended destination and cruise altitude and finally instruct Opus to generate and load the weather. The Opus LWE will automatically put the sim back into custom weather mode.

I think you will find using this simple procedure will always ensure your AI traffic start out using the correct runway.

Stephen
bmabes View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 10:08am
ahh ok thanks. I hadn't seen that. Indeed that's the obvious manual solution I figured would work.

Being the lazy type tho... haha... I was wishing...
the FSUIPC toggle seems interesting.
chumley View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chumley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 12:30am
The FSUIPC toggle works but then not everyone has the paid version of FSUIPC and it probably isn't available in the freebie version.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 5:10am
Question ... would anyone like to see the new OpusFSI Camera dialog format included within OpusFSX, or shall I leave OpusFSX as it is ?

Stephen
fernmil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fernmil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 7:56am
Yes Stephen pls

I followed the discussion abt camera dialog in another thread recently and I must admit that I still cannot setup cameras as smoothly as I would like to.
At the end I always manage, but anything that helps to make it more fool-proof is a big help.

salu2
Fernmil
Joop

Fernmil / GCLP

Windows7x64UltSP1|RAM8GB-DDR3 |I7-3770K@3.5GHz OC4.5GHZ |Asus P8Z77-V LX|GeForce GTX660 |Prepar3D |FSXsp1+2 | SaitekX52PRO Throttle, Joystick and Rudder pedals

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 8:25am
Hi Joop,

OK I will put it in the next OpusFSX beta making the current beta the release until everyone has had a chance to get used to the new layout.

Regards
Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 9:23am
Hopefully the changes announced in the OpusFSI Progress topic should simplify camera management and editing.

Stephen
Jürgen View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jürgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 9:54am
hi Stephan,
is it possible to make the flex wing-movement stronger in the pmdg737,777 at heavy weatherEmbarrassed

regards
Jürgen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 10:00am
I will take a look. Of course the actual wing flex is enabled by setting the FSX Turbulence and Thermals option inside the sim and enabling Wing Flex Data in the OpusFSX Weather Preferences.

I will have a look at the code and see if it could be increased a notch.

Stephen
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 10:02am
Hi Stephen,

That's a great idea. With the amount of screen space we have nowadays, I also prefer to have as many options as possible available in a single dialog, without having to go through multiple levels.

If possible, the same approach would be very welcome with the weather dialog. I often have to split my flights over two sessions due to time constraints, which means I have to toggle historic weather on for the second part to have the weather consistent, then off when I start a new flight, and so on. Having the option available in the main weather dialog instead of the download options would be very handy.

Regards,
Tym

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 10:12am
Hi Tym

We are going to have a close look at the Weather dialogs in OpusFSI, I will make a note of all requests and take general guidance from the users of course.

But the new OpusFSI Saved Weather Themes (or whatever we call them) should allow you to easily save all relevant weather data and upper forecast data so you can continue the flight at some other time, at your convenience.

You won't even need to download historic data when you do, as I intend allowing the option to save the current global METARs with the saved theme. It could in effect save the current global METAR file, the same one you would access when selecting the Historic option. However, once saved on your system you will not be constrained with the 24 hour limit, you can continue your flight at any time.

Stephen
Jürgen View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jürgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 10:15am
..settings are all enabled
have tried out ASN-Trial-version a few weeks ago and they have much bigger flex movements
would be nice to see this with OPUS too

JürgenSmile
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 10:23am
Thanks Stephen, I'm really looking forward to OpusFSI. Is there any rough ETA on the product, or is it still too early to say?

BTW, I've just installed the new beta and I really like the new camera dialog layout :-)

Tym

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 10:24am
We try to accommodate the various turbulence strengths calculated by the weather engine but it should be possible to increase the wing flex data a notch. These only a few turbulence levels inside FSX though so it might end up being a case of off, medium, or high.

Stephen
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 10:31am
One more thing... Do you think it would be possible to ignore non-flyable planes in the camera dialog? I believe FSX treats planes which have no "panel" subdirectory with "panel.cfg" inside as non-flyable/non-selectable...  Could the same filter be used in Opus? For users with many AI aircraft installed, the list can be rather long ;-)

Tym

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 10:33am
It could yes, what does FSX do with these, are they just used for AI traffic ?

If so then yes, I will do it in the next few days.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 10:46am
I will implement the 'aircraft need panel folder' mod and post it in the next beta.

Stephen
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 10:50am
Excellent! Yes, they are used as AI planes only (no internal/VC model).

Tym
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
  Share Topic