SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Windows Tablet Question for G750

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swanfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows Tablet Question for G750
    Posted: October-08-2017 at 8:04pm
   I plan to get the Flight1 G750 and run it on a Windows tablet.  My main (P3D) computer will be running Windows 10.  Will there be any issues if the G750 tablet is running a lower version of Windows?  Also, Any observations from anyone running the G750 on a tablet would be appreciated....thanks in advane, and apologies if this is the wrong forum...bill
Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2017 at 8:54pm
This may not be as simple as you might think..

Lets see what more knowledgable individuals contribute.
Bert
Tiberiu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiberiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2017 at 10:29pm
Bill,

No, this should not be a problem. Before purchasing the G750, please go to the main Garmin website and download/install the GTN PC Trainer V6.21, on the tablet. If it works well, then you will not have any problems with the G750.
swanfly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swanfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2017 at 2:06am
Thanks for the observation, Bert - I do have some worries.  But I was in contact with Flight1 Tech (via a ticket) and they straightened me out as far as what would work....Not an Android tablet (like I was hoping for), probably an Ipad with extra work and possible restrictions, and, definitely a Windows-based tablet.

Thanks Tiberiu......Good idea!  Trying out the Garmin Sim first (before splurging big).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic