SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Heli Traffic 2009 and FSDiscover Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10?
    Posted: July-17-2015 at 6:33pm
Will FSDiscover work?
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2015 at 7:37pm
Since Win10 hasn't been released yet, I doubt anyone has determined that. But I could be wrong.
John Patterson
rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2015 at 11:55pm
It hasn't been released but about 4 million people are currently using it.  I would think the people at Flight1 have been trying out their programs and have a clue.
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2015 at 1:20am
Once it is released, we will take a look at it. No need to really scramble for the new OS. Windows 7 works just fine. It is usually best to wait until the first service pack comes out before considering it.
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2015 at 8:15am
Anyone who's ever worked with a beta version of any software knows that until it is released, changes are made to it often making the previous build obsolete. If Flight1 were to test its products on the latest build it could wind up having wasted that time and money when the next build cause the software to not work. We saw this with FSX:SE and P3D.

As Jeff said, Win 7 works just fine and I don't intend to upgrade to Win10 until at least after the first service pack and only after I am certain that my software works with it.
John Patterson
rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2015 at 9:03pm
That all makes sense.  It looks like Windows 10 will be the future.  I'm planning on getting it as soon as I find out FSX works. 
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2015 at 8:33am
Here's my take on the upgrade. I am no computer expert but am someone who's been through this nonsense since the dawn of the PC. Yes, I am that old.

In my humble opinion, if you have Win7, and if you are determined to upgrade, then wait until you are sure everything works and after SP1. After the Vista and Win8 fiascoes, I am in no hurry to fall into another trap.

If you use Win8/8.1 (my sympathies), plan on upgrading to Win10 as soon as all the bugs are worked out (SP1).

Those who know a lot more about computers than I do are free to chime in here. Especially to correct anything I may have gotten wrong.
John Patterson
Bruce Peters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Peters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 1:52pm
I started with a new computer HP with Windows 8. I did the up grade to 8.1 and then the Windows 10. I installed FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration. Works just great. I then installed Flight1 programs AFX and Instant Scenery 1,2,3. Everything still fine. Then I installed helitraffic-2009 DEMO and that ran just fine. Then I downloaded the standard helitraffic-2009. Downloaded fine, but when I tried to run the wrapper program so I could pay for the program I can't get the wrapper to run. I downloaded other files from Flight1 as a test to see if they would run and the ran just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions.
rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 6:00pm
I'm still with win7 after all and have always had problems getting the wrapper to run.  What I do is put it on the desktop, reboot and while stuff is loading I'll run the wrapper.  Or you could reboot in safe mode and that should work.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 6:40pm
I have dropped a note to our tech to see if the wrapper can be updated. It may take a week or two as it is on a time available basis.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 6:54pm
Wrapper has been replaced and uploaded.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Peters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 8:24pm
Jeff, I was able to download the helitraffic_2009 software and it installed just fine.  I have helicopters flying everywhere. I didn't make any changes to my computer as soon as I saw this post.

Thank you again for your help!

Best Regards

Bruce Peters
Displaying IMG_0801.JPG
rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2015 at 3:40am
Originally posted by Jeff Smith Jeff Smith wrote:

Wrapper has been replaced and uploaded.

That's nice.  But what about wrappers for other products.  I've recently been purchasing some UTX and GEX and have the same problems.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2015 at 3:44pm
rich12545,

Which ones?
rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2015 at 11:47am
UTX - USA and Europe
GEX - NA EU AU AP

None would open properly.  I needed to restart and hurry up to open them.  I've had problems with your wrapper for a long time with more than one totally different computers.  The problem hasn't been the products.  It's the wrapper.    
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2015 at 5:14am
I will contact devs and let them know about these as well.
rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2015 at 12:11pm
I don't see what good that will do.  I've had the same problem opening the wrapper with two different computers and more than three different products.  If you want to do something, look at improving the wrapper universally.  Really, it's DRM at its worst.  I understand the need to protect yourself but it could be made more user friendly imo.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2015 at 6:17pm
Some wrappers are not compatible with Windows 10 yet and they need to be updated. As far as our wrapper itself, 100s of customers use it daily without issues to reinstall and/or purchase products. Thanks for the feedback though, I will let dev know this as well to see if improvements can be taken into consideration for the future.
rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2015 at 7:04pm
I don't use windows 10.  I use windows 7.  Before that windows xp.  On different computers.  I've had problems all along and I've read on this forum about others having problems with the wrapper.  Nice that many don't have problems but some do.  I'm not trying to start trouble and can install with a workaround  Improvements will be welcome though.  
Swagger897 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swagger897 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2015 at 9:48pm
Hi Jeff, not sure if anyone else has mentioned, but the LevelD 767 for FS9 wrapper/.exe also does not run for for Windows 10.

Thanks,
Jacob

EDIT:

All seems fine now after I was told it could be downloaded again.
rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 7:02pm
@Jeff Smith an FYI....

I am using windows 7 ultimate.  Am doing an FSX reinstall for various reasons.

The three UTX products I own (Including Canada that I just purchased) installed fine.

The four GEX products I own did not install fine.  Double clicking on the red arrow file nothing happens.  For each one I had to copy the files to the desktop, reboot the computer and open the wrapper before the computer finished its boot process.  This adds more time to an already time consuming install process.

freddy_ View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 12:07am
As a user of HeliTraffic_2009, I have kind of been following this thread ...

When I first downloaded and installed HeliTraffic, in August 2011, I saved a copy of the installer/wrapper on to a CD-ROM.  I am currently running HeliTraffic on Windows 7, but I will eventually consider the upgrade to Windows 10 ...

... will my saved, backed up installer/wrapper work?  Or, should I be redownloading the program as this thread seems to suggest?

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 11:45am
Originally posted by rich12545 rich12545 wrote:

@Jeff Smith an FYI....

The three UTX products I own (Including Canada that I just purchased) installed fine.

The four GEX products I own did not install fine.  Double clicking on the red arrow file nothing happens.  For each one I had to copy the files to the desktop, reboot the computer and open the wrapper before the computer finished its boot process.  This adds more time to an already time consuming install process.

Have you tried installing these in safe mode? Are you installing them as an administrator?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 11:46am
Originally posted by freddy_ freddy_ wrote:

When I first downloaded and installed HeliTraffic, in August 2011, I saved a copy of the installer/wrapper on to a CD-ROM.  I am currently running HeliTraffic on Windows 7, but I will eventually consider the upgrade to Windows 10 ...

... will my saved, backed up installer/wrapper work?  Or, should I be redownloading the program as this thread seems to suggest?

You should download the program again.
rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 3:27pm

Originally posted by rich12545 rich12545 wrote:

@Jeff Smith an FYI....

Have you tried installing these in safe mode? Are you installing them as an administrator?

I've had this same problem with FSDiscover for years.  A few years ago I posted and you suggested I try installing in safe mode and it worked fine.  There's something about my computer that I've never figured out how to get to safe mode but at least I did figure out how to get the programs installed.

Regardless, I shouldn't have to do anything special.

I'll be installing FSDiscover in the next day or two and will report back on that.
freddy_ View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2015 at 8:16pm

Originally posted by freddy_ freddy_ wrote:

You should download the program again.

Roger that.  Thanks for the response.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Peters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 10:22pm
Jeff, Hope all is well with you. I need your help again.  For some reason went I enable helicopters in Heli Traffic 2009 it runs for a few minutes and then FSX shuts down.  This is the message:
"Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working...a problem caused the program to stop working correctly...Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Windows never notifies me of anything! Also it does not close the program...I have to do that!

I have Windows 10

Thanks for your help in advance

Bruce Peters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Peters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2015 at 4:51pm
What I have found out from trying different things with Heli Traffic 2009 and FSX.  Heli Traffic 2009 runs just fine if you use stock FSX Helicopters.  If I try to use any add on Helicopters FSX will crash after just a few minutes.  I am running windows 10 

Any suggestions?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2015 at 5:24pm
I am not familiar with Windows 10 and their permissions. I can't offer any tips on what to do here. Perhaps the dev will chime in and can offer some help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic