SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why Not X-Plane 11?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signmanbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Not X-Plane 11?
    Posted: December-22-2016 at 1:08pm
I speak out of ignorance of what it takes to build scenery, but I know that there are folks who are importing FSX scenery into X-Plane now, so I was just wondering, given the large amount of simmers that are going over to X-Plane 11, or using all of the sims, and the real need for this kind of product in X-Plane, why could it not also be optimized and offered to users of X-Plane 11? I think there would be a lot of new buyers there.
I know that actual aircraft sims would not be possible, but wouldn't scenery be much easier to make compatible with all the sims?

Thank you,
Bob

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2016 at 1:53pm
Hi Bob,

Good question.

When it comes to scenery development for FSX, FSX-SE, P3D (and the other new one), these products only differ when it comes to more administrative things like scenery locations and config files.   So, there is only a minimal effort needed to support all of them.

X-plane scenery is very different and there would need to be quite a bit of work involved to support it.   In the past, we looked at porting over Ultimate Terrain to X-plane.  But, it was not really a good fit at the time.    

The new XpressSim stuff could be a better fit and we are definitely going to look into Xplane 11 down the road as an option.    However, because the simulator is so different internally, XpressSim for Xplane would have to be a totally different interface, completely separate from scenery products developed for FSX, SE, P3D, etc.
Allen

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic