SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where can I find a library with people for IS3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where can I find a library with people for IS3
    Posted: November-12-2017 at 7:04am
I use Instant Scenery 3 and i am looking for a library with people preferably from different nations.
There are hundreds of buildings, trees,cars, etc. but only about 10 different people.
Google did not helped me, so I ask you if somebody can help me.
Thank you.
ejwells811 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 10:23am
Other than the 1-sided rotating figures that are default FSX people and 1 other small set of 3D figures which I have lost and can't remember the exact name, there are none to speak of and certainly not a Library containing various nations.

If you are familiar with Sketchup, you can download some 3D figures from their Warehouse, but the problem is that many of those are high poly count figures and can put a drain on FPS if used too much. I know you would think that people would be an obvious object that there would be a lot of. . .but that isn't the case. Figures are difficult to make unless you have a program like "Poser" or "Blender" and poly count has to be controlled or you get a great looking figure that you can't use because it kills your framerates.

Maybe someone else has more/better info, but as long as I've been doing custom scenery I've never found anything like what you're looking for.
Ed Wells, TSgt, AFRC (Retired)
301st FW, NAS Fort Worth
FrankBarbosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankBarbosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 3:14pm
What number do you consider to be a high poly count? Poly count much less important with today's computer systems than 10 years ago when FSX came out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 12:41am
Originally posted by FrankBarbosa FrankBarbosa wrote:

What number do you consider to be a high poly count? Poly count much less important with today's computer systems than 10 years ago when FSX came out.

Why, do you have knowledge of what the OP is looking for? Also, while the OP may have a high end computer there are still folks who run FSX on XP or Vista. As far as poly count is concerned comparing a decent 3D human to the, flat, single texture default (always facing forward) cardboard looking people that come with FSX. . .any 3D figure would be high poly to me.

Honestly I don't feel I have to qualify the statement "high poly count" anyway. Would you rather I simply called them "highly detailed Human Figures" and let it go at that?
301st FW, NAS Fort Worth
acer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 1:59am
Thank you very much for your replies. In the meantime I searched a long time and found on Avsim a library with people which is very good for my purposes.
FrankBarbosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankBarbosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 8:10am
Originally posted by ejwells811 ejwells811 wrote:

Why, do you have knowledge of what the OP is looking for? Also, while the OP may have a high end computer there are still folks who run FSX on XP or Vista. As far as poly count is concerned comparing a decent 3D human to the, flat, single texture default (always facing forward) cardboard looking people that come with FSX. . .any 3D figure would be high poly to me.

Honestly I don't feel I have to qualify the statement "high poly count" anyway. Would you rather I simply called them "highly detailed Human Figures" and let it go at that?

I didn't say I had knowledge of what the OP was looking for other than what he asked for in his initial post. 

FSX came with all kinds of 3D people and animals, some even animated, and I don't recall ever seeing any of the always forward facing people like you claim are in the FSX libraries. So I guess by your reasoning those 3D objects are high poly count, discounting your claim.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 9:33am

Originally posted by ejwells811 ejwells811 wrote:

I didn't say I had knowledge of what the OP was looking for other than what he asked for in his initial post. 

FSX came with all kinds of 3D people and animals, some even animated, and I don't recall ever seeing any of the always forward facing people like you claim are in the FSX libraries. So I guess by your reasoning those 3D objects are high poly count, discounting your claim.

"Acer" asked for a particular type of Library. . .one with people from various Nations if possible. TO MY KNOWLEDGE there isn't one. . .that's my opinion. Excuse the hell out of me for missing the "animated" figures in FSX. My opinion is that anything that is 3dimensional will be higher poly than a cardboard cutout, if that doesn't suit your concept of "high poly" then so what. There are flat "people" in FSX made in groups and a few single figures. . .go look.

301st FW, NAS Fort Worth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic