SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WHATS UP WITH IS 3 For P3DV4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHATS UP WITH IS 3 For P3DV4
    Posted: July-27-2017 at 7:57pm
Greetings 
If I have missed the update or news apologies BUT..... 
Is instant scenery dead for P3d V4 there has been few posts on this but with no response. If there are no plans to update or if there are to make make a IS4 please at least answer...  No news is just plain frustrating and bodes bad feelings towards  Flight 1 support...

Dreamer 
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2017 at 10:59am
I have dropped a note to dev to see if he can respond to you.

Thanks!
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
Yardreamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2017 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Jeff Smith Jeff Smith wrote:

I have dropped a note to dev to see if he can respond to you.

Thanks!

Many thanks ...Instant scenery is as important to my flight sim and required no different to a joystick.... 

Dreamer

muffo View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2017 at 8:12am
me too, because I cann't unistall p3d 3 if I don't have new IS3 ( I can buy  the new release!)Smile
FSDiscoverer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2017 at 5:21pm
Instant Scenery for P3Dv4 is planned and I am working on it.

I cannot promise a fixed release date yet, sorry.

dexthom1 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dexthom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2017 at 8:19pm
Thank you for the good news.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2017 at 10:51am
Excellent news

Dreamer

pedemeyer View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedemeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2017 at 6:46pm
Great news:)Thumbs Up

Its my main reasson for not bying P3Dv4 yet...
Its that importent!

(... And since you are rebuilding.., please make the library arrangeble:)

Best regards.
Pede Meyer
Jlund View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jlund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2017 at 7:50pm
"(... And since you are rebuilding.., please make the library arrangeble:)"

And if it also could automatically make thumbnails of all libraies, whether it's P3D' libs or addon scenery libs, please.
mh384 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mh384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2017 at 3:14am
Looking forward to compatibility with P3D v4 Smile

I also have a little request. Would it be possible to make the tickbox for 'keep autogen under object' stick until you untick it? This would help if you are placing larger number of trees for instance. 
MikeT707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeT707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2017 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by FSDiscoverer FSDiscoverer wrote:

This is great news!!!
seippg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seippg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2017 at 5:13am
Very good news indeed.
mh384 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mh384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2017 at 5:10am
To clarify: What I mean is while using the mouse to move around in the scenery. If I tick 'keep autogen under object' it unticks as soon as i use the mouse to move around.

Originally posted by mh384 mh384 wrote:

Looking forward to compatibility with P3D v4 Smile

I also have a little request. Would it be possible to make the tickbox for 'keep autogen under object' stick until you untick it? This would help if you are placing larger number of trees for instance. 
Bluemarlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluemarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2017 at 12:17pm
It would be fantastic if the new IS also contained the functions of the SBuliderX. That would be a Swiss knife for the scenery design, for which I would like to pay a corresponding price.
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2017 at 5:03pm
You are kidding about that, right?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluemarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2017 at 12:25am
Not really!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2017 at 11:58pm

Was inquiring of any progress updates 

Dreamer

FrankBarbosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankBarbosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 3:24pm
I read an article last week I think on Simmer's 365, that it probably won't be ready until late first quarter of 2018.
ejwells811 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2017 at 6:33am
Can you post a link for this "Simmers 365" please. . .never heard of it and searches don't bring up anything.
Ed Wells, TSgt, AFRC (Retired)
301st FW, NAS Fort Worth
GaryGB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryGB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2017 at 4:41pm

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=58516&PID=370579&title=whats-up-with-is-3-for-p3dv4#370579

Posted: 31-July-2017 at 4:21pm

[EDITED]

I do not believe that the above quoted post by 'FSDiscoverer' was intended as an invitation for repeated inquiries in this forum as to the status of development or a release date.

I do believe that it would be best to express interest in using Instant Scenery in P3Dv4, and to acknowledge that it requires substantial work by the author Konstantin Kukushkin to achieve that compatibility, as well as to implement any new requested features that may be feasible.

That may- or may not- motivate the author to change his time table for work on a version of Instant Scenery intended for use with the new version 4.x of P3D, which IMHO, is only 'recently' beginning to be separately purchased, used, and discussed in FS web forums ...in quantitatively smaller numbers when compared to prior versions of P3D, FSX, and FS9.

I also believe, those who wish to use Instant Scenery in P3Dv4 should be "Prepar3d" to pay for an upgrade to a new version (...of ex: "IS4" Evil Smile ).

[END_EDIT]

GaryGB
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2017 at 11:54am
Why repost something that's not only already been posted and then discussed ad nauseum just a few threads down, the one that you linked to above, not to mention the fact that FSDiscoverer also wrote the same thing in post #5 in this thread?
Woogey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Woogey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2017 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by GaryGB GaryGB wrote:

That may- or may not- motivate the author to change his time table for work on a version of Instant Scenery intended for use with the new version 4.x of P3D, which IMHO, is only 'recently' beginning to be separately purchased, used, and discussed in FS web forums ...in quantitatively smaller numbers when compared to prior versions of P3D, FSX, and FS9.

I also believe, those who wish to use Instant Scenery in P3Dv4 should be "Prepar3d" to pay for an upgrade to a new version (...of ex: "IS4" Evil Smile ).

[END_EDIT]

GaryGB

Gary, I think you might be a little out of touch with reality. P3d4 has been the biggest hit of all the Prepar3d evolutions. Version 4 is effectively an FSX killer as most if not all active developers have made announcements stating their intentions to focus only on the highly anticipated 64 bit platform from now on. The industry, and us users have been waiting for 64 bit for a long time, and now that it is here we are all moving in that direction. It is a waste of time to develop for a platform as limited as FSX and FS2004 are. You can waste a lot of time trying to figure out workarounds and band aids for those limitations, or just work in P3d4.

If there was ever a time to upgrade to a new yet familiar Simulator, it is now. I can’t wait until Instant Scenery 4 is released. It is a very important tool.

-Woog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluemarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Woogey Woogey wrote:

Gary, I think you might be a little out of touch with reality. P3d4 has been the biggest hit of all the Prepar3d evolutions. Version 4 is effectively an FSX killer as most if not all active developers have made announcements stating their intentions to focus only on the highly anticipated 64 bit platform from now on. The industry, and us users have been waiting for 64 bit for a long time, and now that it is here we are all moving in that direction. It is a waste of time to develop for a platform as limited as FSX and FS2004 are. You can waste a lot of time trying to figure out workarounds and band aids for those limitations, or just work in P3d4.

If there was ever a time to upgrade to a new yet familiar Simulator, it is now. I can’t wait until Instant Scenery 4 is released. It is a very important tool.

-Woog

+1 +1 +1 +1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankBarbosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by GaryGB GaryGB wrote:

[END_EDIT]

GaryGB

GaryGB, right on. P3D users are out of touch with reality.
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 to you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankBarbosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 8:08pm
Simmers 365 blog claims that Instant Scenery for P3D4 was about 60% complete and P3D4.1 trashed about half of the project. Rumor is that at best, release date is now thought to a be by the end of 2018, at the worst Instant Scenery 3.07 is the last version ever, and Instant Scenery is done for. Also being discussed on P3D forums.
ejwells811 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 12:50am
A good reason for folks who intend to continue doing custom scenery (Payware not included in this) to keep FSX installed so they can build everything in FSX, compile it with the FSX SDK and run it in P3D_V4.1 to their hearts content. It does work flawlessly and nary an FPS hit in any of the scenery I've produced.

I have no doubt though that at some point down the line, LM will do something with P3D that will make that option "null and void", but for now it may be the only option if Instant Scenery becomes a thing of the past.
Ed Wells, TSgt, AFRC (Retired)
301st FW, NAS Fort Worth
Woogey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woogey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2017 at 12:57am
Originally posted by FrankBarbosa FrankBarbosa wrote:

<span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont;">Simmers 365 blog claims that Instant Scenery for P3D4 was about 60% complete and P3D4.1 trashed about half of the project. Rumor is that at best, release date is now thought to a be by the end of 2018, at the worst Instant Scenery 3.07 is the last version ever, and Instant Scenery is done for. Also being discussed on P3D forums.</span>

Well I wouldn’t place much faith in either of those rumors, considering their source. This forum is the “Official” Flight 1 Forum, and the developer of Instant Scenery posts here.

As far as your retort to my reality comment, that was just childish. I guess all those first class developers are wrong? I guess everyone who has ever been frustrated by OOM’s and having to shuffle Scenery around to try limit crashes are out of touch? Oh hey, who needs those awesome new effects, lighting and Great frame rates? Let’s all just stubbornly hold on to an ancient simulation platform (that frustrates us in a daily basis) so that we....................no I stand by my statement.

Most of my FSX addons work just fine in P3d4, as long as they were created for FSX. If they were FS9 ports, or have any FS9 code left in them, probably are going to have issues.   I have thousands of dollars software and hardware invested, and most of it works just fine in V4.1.

-Woog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2017 at 2:51pm
I am done flight simming and I have been at since the early 8 bit sims back on the old CoCo II. This community is really becoming a knitting circle of trolls,  troglodytes, and bullies trying to troll there way into useless redundant and anachronistic self-indulged opinion....it is not just it is on every flight sim forum. People putting down developers hard work for such stupid unrealistic reasons... All I asked is when my beloved IS would be available for V4. 
Please close this topic 

Dreamer 

JDLinn2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDLinn2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2017 at 9:13pm
Actuallly, it was Microsoft that screwed us all up with that darned Creator's Fall Update. It killed IS3 for P3D V3.4.  I was going to keep 3.4 to do scenery, for V4.1. Now, thanks to our friends at Microsoft, they gutted our ability to use IS3 with 3.4. Tomorrow is Dec 12th, maybe the Microsoft Tuesday Dump will fix the problem ... its only been 2 months now! 
Kilstorm_McBrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilstorm_McBrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2017 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by JDLinn2 JDLinn2 wrote:

Actuallly, it was Microsoft that screwed us all up with that darned Creator's Fall Update. It killed IS3 for P3D V3.4.  I was going to keep 3.4 to do scenery, for V4.1. Now, thanks to our friends at Microsoft, they gutted our ability to use IS3 with 3.4. Tomorrow is Dec 12th, maybe the Microsoft Tuesday Dump will fix the problem ... its only been 2 months now! 

Guess what..looks like the Dec 12th update fixed it. It did at least for me.
seippg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seippg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2018 at 7:21pm
Glad to hear Instant Scenery is being made P3D4 compatible!  I'd love to see IOS come that way as well!

Gregg
Jlund View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jlund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2018 at 5:16pm
Where have you found the info about IS is being P3Dv4(.1) compatible?

degeus View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote degeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2018 at 2:55pm
My humble question: Is there any chance we will get the update for Prepar3D V4  anyhow? Already for half a year my scenery-building and -updating has come to a rest.
Do we have to look for something else that can do the job?
with kind regards,
Piet de Geus

Piet de Geus
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic