SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's the last P3D + 737NGX that still works?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wesyin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's the last P3D + 737NGX that still works?
    Posted: July-20-2017 at 5:37pm
Dear JP and others,

It took me 4 hours to realize the latest PMDG 737ngx has broken things including FSiPanel. Long story short, even a clean installation of both P3D v3 (latest) and 737ngx (latest) cause CTDs in either of the following tests:
1. click on Move in PSiPanel to a 737ngx sitting on a runway
2. while 737ngx sitting on a runway, save the flight in P3D and reload it in the same sim session.

Test 2 also causes CTD in a clean v4 of P3D. Sigh~~~ If 737ngx cannot survive a reload, it probably won't survive FSiPanel.

I lost track of the last FSiPanel-compatible versions of 
1. P3D and 737ngx
2. P3D and 777
Could you help? I will just go straight there instead of more hours of trials and errors. 

Many thanks in advance.

J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2017 at 4:47am
Hi,

Thanks for your post, I'm looking at it now.
It seems that the latest versions of PMDG products have problems reloading saved flights for some reasons.

I believe it's due to an incompatibility with FSUIPC Module, I'm doing some tests now to confirm it. I will come back to you later today.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2017 at 7:38am
Ok, I spent some time trying to load and reload 737 saved flight with and without FSUIPC, it is highly unreliable, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and the 737 is left with black screens.

I tried to load the 737, save the flight and then reload it, this most often result in black screens..

This problem came after the last update of the 737, wasn't a problem before, I don't really know what has changed?!

So for now, the only good solution to train approaches on the 737 is:

- Start P3D with the default airplane
- Start FSiPanel and fly your approach.
- Close and restart P3D with default airplane.
- Fly approach, etc..

Looks like a fresh restart of P3D is for now required to fly several approaches.

I hope that this could be fixed in a future update of the 737.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
hobbsy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobbsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2017 at 8:23am
J.P. Isn't this the same problem as the latest PMDG 777X? Which means that maybe they need to look at there complete line of aircraft on their latest updated installers?
Rick
wesyin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wesyin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2017 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by J-P Garraio J-P Garraio wrote:

Ok, I spent some time trying to load and reload 737 saved flight with and without FSUIPC, it is highly unreliable, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and the 737 is left with black screens.

I tried to load the 737, save the flight and then reload it, this most often result in black screens..

This problem came after the last update of the 737, wasn't a problem before, I don't really know what has changed?!

So for now, the only good solution to train approaches on the 737 is:

- Start P3D with the default airplane
- Start FSiPanel and fly your approach.
- Close and restart P3D with default airplane.
- Fly approach, etc..

Looks like a fresh restart of P3D is for now required to fly several approaches.

I hope that this could be fixed in a future update of the 737.

Cheers,

J-P

J-P, 

You rock! Your replies are way more helpful than the PMDG support. (They pointed me to a sentence in their manual, which says reloading can crash.) 

I will do according to the steps above. Thank you VERY MUCH.

Cheers! 

troncy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troncy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2017 at 5:17am
Bonjour,
As with this problem LM says it is PMDG and PMDG says it is LM, without any technical explanation, I think it will never be corrected.
May be in the new FSIPanel version it will be good to have a button to save a situation (airport, runway, weather..) with another one to load a saved situation, and a specific one to load the last situation used.
Cheers
Claude
Claude Troncy
troncy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troncy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2017 at 7:44am
Bonjour Jean-Pierre,

The last update from PMDG did not correct the problem.
It was working before, they changed something, but as it is written in the doc that a reload is not guaranteed, everything is fine.

Jean-Pierre did you had a contact with them to see if a fix can be done ?
The  reload of P3D doesn't work every time, and FSIPanel crashed. So we have to restart it .Confused

Cheers
Claude

Claude Troncy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic