SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weather Theme Cannot be loaded

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZK-SUH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weather Theme Cannot be loaded
    Posted: November-17-2012 at 8:02pm
Hi Stephen,
Do you remember a few beta's ago, the weather theme cannot be loaded warning box use to come up, well it is back. Just flying an historic weather selection from EDDM to EGPH, and the box came up over the ditch west of Amsterdam. Version 2.50.2
Edit:It is now coming up every weather update. Only over the water. Problem stopped at Ottringham.
Alternate airports selected are
1 EGPF
2 EGNT
Regards

Julian
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2012 at 2:04am
The error 'Unable to Update Dynamic Weather' means only one thing ...

The LWE was blocked from copying the weather file yo your FSX folder. You must sort out your sharing and security permissions to allow the FSXSERVER program access to your FSX folders.

Something is causing the file copy to fail, that can only be either you have not specified the location of your FSX install folder correctly (check your Configure dialog) or your system is blocking the file copy from \OpusFSX\Themes into the FSX themes folder.

Regards
Stephen Smile
ZK-SUH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZK-SUH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2012 at 2:29am
Hi Stephen,
You have me confused.( does not take much)  I did not get Unable to Update Dynamic Weather'
I got "Weather Theme Cannot be loaded"
Weather loaded fine. Will check permissions

Regards
Julian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2012 at 4:55am
Sorry I assumed it was an OpusFSX reported error. You can always try to load the theme manually, just select the OpusWeather entry. But try 2.50.3 now.

Regards
Stephen Smile
ZK-SUH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZK-SUH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 4:15am
Stephen,
We are still misunderstanding each other, I was not loading or selecting a theme.
In my OP, I started with Do you remember a few beta's ago, the weather theme cannot be loaded warning box use to come up, well it is back.
Now someone else has reported it. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/391767-the-weather-theme-could-not-be-loaded/ It happens in random areas, using historic weather. Just happened to me again at KSEA.
I have just installed the latest upgrade, 2.50.5 and the issue still exists. I deleted the fsxservercfg.dat and made sure my fsx folder was selected etc.
Sorry if I have confused the situation by not being clear enough.

Regards
Julian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 4:20am
Hi Julian

We will investigate this, thanks for your perseverance!

Regards
Cheryl
Jean-PaulM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean-PaulM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 4:37am
Hi Cheryl,

I got that error message as well, using an earlier beta (didn't try the latest yet) and only when using historic weather.  After the popup, the weather loaded fine nevertheless. As if Opus sends a "load weather theme" command to FSX before it has actually finished saving the theme file

Regards
Jean-Paul
ZK-SUH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZK-SUH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 4:41am
Thanks Cheryl, and Jean-Paul. It is only a small glitch.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 4:42am
OK JP, thanks for the useful information.

Regards
Cheryl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2012 at 8:09am
Problem corrected and new release 2.50.6 posted, see Announcements.

Regards
Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic