SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Heli Traffic 2009 and FSDiscover Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

virus message with helichk.dll

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voodoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: virus message with helichk.dll
    Posted: July-20-2016 at 7:23pm
I recently got an antivirus message (MS Security Essentials, Win 7, 64bit) with my helichk.dll file, and the file is currently quarantined. Essentials said it was Trojan: Win32/Dynamer!ac

I have a gut feeling this may a false positive, but is this likely? I have detected no other virus issues on my machine (after a full scan), plus an older version of the file (on an old disk that has not been in use for years) also allegedly showed as infected with same. Yet this doesn't quite ring true to me either.

Can the helichk.dll file show up as this sometimes (I know you recommend disabling antivirus sometimes when trying to troubleshoot installation problems)?

Any advice welcome before I do anything else.

Voodoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voodoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2016 at 7:17am
Just to be on the safe side, I reinstalled the Heli Traffic package. This runs ok and all my previous settings have been retained correctly.

On scanning the new helichk.dll file, MS Essentials did not identify it as a problem, so I guess the original warning message was accurate!
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2016 at 8:01am
Hi,

That is most certainly a false-positive. We have not changed that file in a long time, and did not get any reports of it. False-positives are quite common in this day and age.
Steve

Voodoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voodoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2016 at 5:31pm
Many thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic