SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VC Panel Mod issues FSPS, ISG1 guages.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetblst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VC Panel Mod issues FSPS, ISG1 guages.
    Posted: November-24-2014 at 12:38am
I have successfully installed Ernie's gauges in my VC using FSPS.  However, I would like to stretch them so that they can be seen easier.

First, here is the 2D view and how the ISG1 A320 PFD should look.

Looks great, works well.

Now, for the VC part.

To illustrate, I stretched this gauge more than normal but as you can see my left airspeed tape as well as my heading tape (bottom) disapears (at night).  So there is only so far that I can stretch this guage.

Now, I noticed that this only happens if I go outside the inner area where the original gauge resided.  By that I mean, if you look here you can see a silver ring around the PFD and MFD.  I cannot go out side of those areas.

I did some research on guage placement and the idea of planars, but I rapidly got confused, lol. 

I even putzed with the VC bitmaps to see if it was merely a matter of changing the area where the guage could reside.  But to no avail. 

Is the area on the panel where the old PFD sat, a defined dimension?  Or is it a matter of a background that could maybe be extended to allow me to stretch the PFD?  

Can I modify anything in the VC so as I can stretch my guage,(s) a little more for a better view of the PFD?

Respectfully

Jet

n4gix1303 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n4gix1303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 2:40pm
Jet, in the VC the gauge polygons (the "projection screens") are fixed size in the compiled model.

They can NOT be modified by anyone except the person who has the original modeling source file.
Bill Leaming
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
Flightsim Rig:Intel® Core™ i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - GeForce GTX550Ti 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
jetblst View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetblst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 2:51pm
Hi Bill!

Ok! That was the answer I was looking for. With FSPS I was able to do a fairly acceptable job installing
ISG1 Gauges, in the VC. So I'll live with what I have. Which really is not bad.

Thank you for your quick response!
Respectfully

Jet

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic