SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX v2 P3Dv4 Lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pvupilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX v2 P3Dv4 Lights
    Posted: December-09-2017 at 12:32pm
Hey guys,

So It's been a while since I've been in the sim world, and now that I'm back, I'm having issues with the UTX v2 Light draw distance. It loads the lights only about a mile out and then they pop in as I go. Very annoying. My settings are mid-high. My system is strong, i5-2500k @4.5GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500GB SSD. No texture loading issues other than these lights, and it seems to happen regardless of settings. Any help would be appreciated! 

Thanks,
Kyle

quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2017 at 12:43am
As the Lights for UTX product which ships with UTX V2 regions uses the same technology as autogen objects, they should appear at roughly the same distance as autogen buildings would appear.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
pvupilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pvupilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2017 at 12:57am
That was my first assumption but after changing the draw distance from the lowest to the max setting and everywhere in between, there was zero difference. The buildings are showing up at further distances than the lights are also.
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2017 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by pvupilot pvupilot wrote:

That was my first assumption but after changing the draw distance from the lowest to the max setting and everywhere in between, there was zero difference. The buildings are showing up at further distances than the lights are also.

At least some of the taller buildings in your screenshot appear to be custom objects and not autogen.  Custom objects can have a further draw distance, depending on the internal LOD.

And, autogen buildings may have a different draw distance than the lights.   The lights are vector autogen versus autogen that is defined at the texture level.

Usually the lights seem to extend out more than that.  But, you seem to be flying at a pretty high altitude and not low and slow.   So, what you are seeing may be normal for FSX vector autogen
Allen

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic