SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX TAC v2 problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjaycee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX TAC v2 problems
    Posted: August-31-2017 at 3:04am
I used to have a good install of UTAC v2 but have suddenly had buildings appear in the water off the coast of Havana, Cuba. It is the high rise buildings that are in the water.I have uninstalled UTAC and reinstalled several times now but still buildings in the water. There never used to be and I bought UTAC exactly for reason that unlike the other developers OLC which covers this area, their product had buildings in the water.
I am now at a loss as to what to do. It could be a terrain cfg issue but I don't have a clean P3D v4 terrain cfg.
Looking in the UTAC manual there is a section regarding the folders called Exclusions for Default Scenery. There is apic of the scenery library insertion layers (in FSX) tha shows a file called "UT TAC Exclusions for Default Scenery" . I don't have that files at all. I have a "FSX Object repositioning" although the install is P3D v4.
I also have UTX USA v2 installed, and that comes with a file called UT Exclusions for Default Scenery" which appears to be enabled by the installation. 
My problem is that if I enable this file i lose all the high rise buildings on the coast of Havana city, but if I enable the file, the buildings are not in the water but there are no high rise buildings at all.
Would be grateful if someone can assist to help me restore UTAC to it's former glory please.
I have followed the manual especially in regard to the Exclusions but as i repeat, I do not have the UT TACExclusions for Default Scenery file anywhere.

quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2017 at 10:40am
The "UT TAC Exclusions for Default Scenery" scenery layer went away in UTX TAC V2. Ignore all references to it in the manual which was primarily written for the V1 version.

The "UT Exclusions for Default Scenery" is a shared scenery layer for all UTX products. It is also the most important one.

The "Object Repositioning" scenery layer is another shared UTX layer. As all V2 UTX products have their roots as FSX products some of the scenery layer names still mention that. The name has no impact on operation of the product. This layer generally repositions custom building objects included in the core simulator which were geographically incorrectly located. In some cases it also excludes custom or generic building objects which were in the wrong place. It does not exclude autogen buildings.

Do not manually change whether any UTX related scenery layers are enabled/disabled in the Scenery Library unless the UTX manual specifically identifies which layer and what to do. In this case you have to make sure that "UT Exclusions for Default Scenery" and "FSX Object Repositioning" layers enabled in the scenery library for correct operation of UTX.

As to why buildings are now appearing in the water it is not likely a terrain.cfg issue. It sounds more like an issue with you manually turning off UTX scenery layers in the scenery library when you should not, however ...

You say you 'suddenly had buildings appear'. What did you change just before you noticed this? Did you install any new scenery? Did you change configuration settings in P3D or UTX? What other scenery products do you have which cover this area? If you have other scenery products for the area, what are they and how are they layered in relation to UTX i.e. above or below?

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
jjaycee1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjaycee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 2:48am
Thanks for the response and I apologise for the double topic post. I only realised there was a dedicated UTX support section after I had posted elsewhere.
I have FTX OLC NA also installed but completely inactive when in UTAC as was the case previously when buildings were not in the water. The buildings that are water bound are default Objects as this was confirmed to me when I first got  FTX Vector (coastline changes) and commented on the buildings being in the water and was informed these were default Objects and not Autogen. I then got UTAC and was delighted to see that it'd corrected data had removed the Objects from view. I am also convinced that the shoreline of Havana in UTAC had a large amount of High rise buildings near to the offending default Objects. Now however the skyline is very different. I could be imagining this, but i don't think so.
If i untick the UTX file FSX Object Repositioning, or the UTX Exclusions for defaullt Scenery, I get the full shoreline high rise buildings back, but the default Objects i.e. default buildings, are back in the water.
I have recently added Black marble to my sim which i believe is LC based but again this is not active when I fly UTAC. The terrain cfg I use in UTAC is also not "tainted" with any FTX Vector nor BM influence.
Can I post a pic or 2 to show what I see? If so how do i do that?
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 9:19pm
I will repeat what I said in my last posting.

Quote Do not manually change whether any UTX related scenery layers are enabled/disabled in the Scenery Library unless the UTX manual specifically identifies which layer and what to do. In this case you have to make sure that "UT Exclusions for Default Scenery" and "FSX Object Repositioning" layers enabled in the scenery library for correct operation of UTX.

If this leads to there being less high-rise buildings in Havana and no issues with buildings being in the water then this is how it is coded to be. By playing around and turning things off manually in the P3D Scenery Library you are just breaking things.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic