SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX TAC Red blobs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sputz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX TAC Red blobs
    Posted: November-17-2017 at 4:24am
Hi,

Just got Tropical America and Caribbean V2 for P3Dv4 and have had Canada V2 for a while..

Love it, real nice, BUT I am getting strange red blobs only in TAC (Canada is fine). Image below: Any idea what I am not setting correctly? Don't get these anywhere else in the world.

Thanks, hope you can share some wisdom to help me!
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2017 at 4:51am
Can you please provide lat/lon co-ordinates for an example so we can investigate.

As UTX does not have any red ground textures, it is more likely an issue with something else, and no change in UTX settings will address this directly. What other add-ons do you have installed?

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
Sputz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sputz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2017 at 10:58pm
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your quick response - that is great customer support!

I have found the problem, but it may still need investigating from your end. By a process of elimination of ALL scenery add-ons, I isolated the problem to be caused by UT Landclass - Vegetation.

As this is not directly under UT Canada or UT TAC (including XPressSim Scenery Tropics), I assume it is some generic setting provided by UTX.

Anyway, the fact is that Disabling it - no red blobs. Enabling it - red blobs. These (were) at many various locations, so it would make no sense giving you co-ordinates.

I have screenshots if you need them. In answer to your question (which may help you isolate what may be interfering): I have all ORBX scenery products, including Global Base and Global Vector and FTX Trees. Also in scenery files are Freemesh, OFX USA Megamesh and OFX South America Evolution.

All of these (except FTX Trees because I don't know how to disable it) were Disabled during my testing. No matter what was Enabled, if UT Landclass - Vegetation is Enabled, I get red blobs.

I hope this helps.
Sputz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sputz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2017 at 2:17am
Hi again Jeff,

I spoke too soon! I took a nice long flight to celebrate no red blobs and guess what turned up? Yup, red blobs! And they definitely spell "WINTER" (huh??).

I have attached just 2 images. for you which includes coordinate.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2017 at 1:03pm
Jeff may not be aware...  what you are seeing is tiles that are in the sim but were used for development which is why they have the season markings on them.

They date back to FSX and were never removed after its release.

I have never seen them show up in the sim with UTX but I highly suspect this is in fact a Orbx issue where they have altered iclookup.bgl and even though you think you disabled Orbx, it really isn't completely restored. That is why it is difficult to compare any products when Orbx is in a system. Unless you know how to restore correctly their products mess with others which is of course in their favor.

Their control files overwrite default. I suspect those test tile numbers from the old Aces FSX developments days are being used by Orbx with their control files and graphic installs.

These images are matches to yours location data in the order you posted them. They are UTX + GEP3D for the textures. The tree files you are seeing should never be called by the sim unless the control files have been altered. There is nothing Orbx in my system nor has there been.

The bright green tree balls in your images are the Prepar3D Speed Trees, or what they call "Dynamic 3D Vegetation". I don't use them as they are a drag on performance and visually nasty in my opinion. I turn them off in the P3Dv4.1 config tool and use the original vegetation.

What you are seeing has nothing to do with UTX...   what it has to do with is something, I would say Orbx, has altered the landclass calls and UTX is simply showing the tiles that should never be seen due to that change of the default control system by Orbx. I am not sure if it is lclookup.bgl (probably is) or some other files they do not restore correctly even when the user thinks their product is disabled.

Sputz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sputz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2017 at 10:22pm
Thank you both for your very learned inputs.
Nick, I can't even pretend to fully understand what you are explaining to me, but what I get is that I should contact ORBX about this, which is what I shall now do.
I would be happy to report the result back on this post if that is alright.
Just an aside: I found out about UTX only after I had invested in ORBX. I find UTX is steps above the ORBX LC.
Thanks,
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2017 at 2:33am
Yes please, contact Orbx

Sputz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sputz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2017 at 6:35pm
Hi Nick & Jeff,

I contacted ORBX. They responded in minutes and now the problem is fixed. Turned out I had an older version of one of their files.

Thank you so much for your help in getting me to the right place to fix this. So far, I have tried it for over 1 hour and all seems to be fixed.

As I was doing my test flight, I landed at a place where previously I had flown over and had red blobs. What a surprise I got when I landed! Shocked I called it the "Moses landing". Pretty scary stuff! See the image and you will understand. Any ideas?

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2017 at 10:25pm
That could be the old sim bug where if you are running 7cm texture resolution there are places in the tropics, including Hawaii, that water and underlying textures appear on runways close to shore

If your texture resolution is set to 7cm, as a test and as I recall you can try sliding it back to 30 or 60cm and reload the sim

If the problem is gone its the texture resolution bug..  its been in the sim since FSX was released and was never fixed.

If the issue doesn't go away, try 1M resolution and recheck, if the problem is still there I'm not sure what it is and will have to check the location myself

Unfortunately I am not near my sim system so I cant check now myself.
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2017 at 10:31pm
Thanks Nick for the information and support on this topic.

Have to admit I have never seen the red "Winter" in sim so this would have stumped me for a while.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
Sputz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sputz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2017 at 11:28pm
Now I know how Moses did it.

I did not save the flight so probably won't get back there for a while. But I seem Post Reply  to recall that UTX should be used at 1M Res, so I will try that next time.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2017 at 11:41am
The location data in your image outlines the location. It is a island. The airport is Punta Cocos MP26 Panama

I was able to confirm the water on the runways and the missing land around it is caused by the 7cm texture resolution bug. Setting it to 30cm corrects the issue for that location.

1m is standard texture resolution however there are some textures in P3D and the roads used by UTX that have a better appearance at 7cm. This bug only appears in spot locations and only if specific circumstances are in place.
Sputz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sputz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2017 at 5:26pm
Thank you for that information, Nick.

You guys have faultless customer service! I appreciate it, especially now that I am an UTX (and Flight1) fan and will be purchasing areas as I fly around the globe. (South America is my next tour, but you don't have that yet!)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic