SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX Shared files won't enable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halwatk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX Shared files won't enable
    Posted: April-21-2017 at 6:51am
(I moved this from my original question)

Everything is working great in UTX since I did the reinstall. One small glitch developed after I installed the various patches. Now, when I enable a region with the setup tool it enables the region-specific files but it does not enable the shared files (UT landclass Urban, UT landclass vegetation, exclusions, etc.) even though they are present in the scenery library. Of course I can enable them manually in the library but I wonder why this is happening.

Hal

by the way, the reason I did this reinstall was because I was seeing land textures in the water.
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 11:04pm
Firstly why are you enabling/disabling regions in the UTX Setup Tool? The only time this is really needed is when trouble-shooting.

Are you talking about individual files inside the scenery folders in question or are you talking about the entries as seen in the FSX Scenery Library? The entries you note when seen in the FSX Scenery Library are all UTX cross-product scenery folders and should always be on. Individual files inside them for a region are then managed by the UTX Setup Tool.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic