SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX Road Types - Lights for UTX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX Road Types - Lights for UTX
    Posted: November-10-2017 at 1:18am
Hi

This is not a problem except for me.

What do the 'T', 'F' and 'B' stand for in the road types?

I am trying to customise my night lighting and it seems a bit random. I get Urban and Rural but F direction and T direction have me confused.

Also, while I'm at it. How are small towns defined? Urban or Rural?

From my testing I am guessing any residential area is considered Urban.

Final question. Why would I be unable to assign lights to Urban Minor roads when they are activated in the UTX setup?
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2017 at 3:41pm
'To', 'From' and 'Both'. This is how the FSX software development kit (SDK) for road vector features defines them i.e. as they are defined by points it details whether traffic flow to or from that point. If you are doing customisation just make sure that you set the lighting the same for them.

It is not how small towns are classified, but the roads themselves. These are usually defined in the commercial geographic information system (GIS) data we use. This would explain your last question as well as it may be that none of the roads are defined as urban minor, or that urban minor cannot be assigned night lights as they would not have them.

In general however the Lights for UTX product has been pre-configured for the best results and no customisation is really needed unless you have very specific changes you want to make.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
Bruce66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2017 at 11:24pm
Thanks Jeff, that helps.

The changes I am making are to the Canadian prairie where the default settings had some lights on roads which were not realistic. Highways around Swift Current particularly.

Around the big cities they look pretty good as standard. As always it's a compromise.

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic