SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX Lights Configure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecosse_821 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX Lights Configure
    Posted: December-19-2016 at 5:35am
Hi all.  I did a search and found a thread about this issue, but it seems like the post that actually gave the info to solve it was deleted by the author.

My problem is with UTX Lights.   I have UTX USA installed and the first time I ran the lights configurator, it seemed normal and I was able to configure the lights as I want them. 

I installed some more addons, including some stuff from a competitor that does ground terrain and lights. 

Now, when I go to configure my UTX lights, they have randon odd characters where the light slot names should be, and I can't set the individual light slots.  

I am running FSX Acceleration (clean install) on Windows 7 64

Thanks so much if anyone can help.   These products coexisted fine in my last setup.
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2016 at 6:25pm
I do remember this coming up before once.  But, I can't remember how it was resolved.

I'll have to research and get back with you.

In the meantime, can what version of the UTX Lights interface are you running ?   See the About Dialog box.
Allen

Ecosse_821 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecosse_821 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2016 at 8:28pm
I am in the middle of a complete computer wipe-out and OS re-install to try to solve this.  So I don't actually have UTX installed at the moment.  But the lights interface was v. 1.2

I think this might have something to do with me not getting every vestige of FSX-SE removed.  It might not be until tomorrow or the next day before I get to FTX and UTX.  

My last attempt to re-install FSX-Boxed with FTX and UTX, I installed FTX first, and the installed UTX USA and UTX Lights.  This time, FTX did not step on the terrain.cfg entries for UTX Lights and UTX Lights worked fine.  But FTX Lights appeared to install but did not show up. 

So I gave up and decided to start from scratch with a clean OS.  Joy.

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2016 at 9:50pm
Ok.  Thanks for that.

The current version appears to be V1.3.   Just download the link below and replace your current EXE.

I was trying to find my notes (failed at that).   I know that V1.2 will work for most people.  But, there does seem to be a rare combination of 3rd party products that caused an issue.  I "think" that was addressed in V1.3.

It's probably tool late for you to try this.  But, I would use it when/if you reinstall just in case.

If I can find my notes on what changed in V1.3, I will report back.
Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2016 at 9:56pm
Ahhh.

Here we go.  I found the thread that describes your problem.  It was related to FTX and version 1.3 was created to address this issue.   I need to put a sticky up about this if it is not already.

Allen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecosse_821 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2016 at 4:55am
Allen, I had seen that thread and tried to download v1.3 with the link in that thread.  It leads to a 404 page missing.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2016 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Ecosse_821 Ecosse_821 wrote:

Allen, I had seen that thread and tried to download v1.3 with the link in that thread.  It leads to a 404 page missing.

That is because it was a development issue at that time.. Allen posted a direct link in his response above that works fine

Originally posted by akriesman akriesman wrote:

It's probably tool late for you to try this.  But, I would use it when/if you reinstall just in case.

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2016 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Ecosse_821 Ecosse_821 wrote:

Yeah.   We recently moved our servers to Amazon AWS for scalability.   The actual website is in the cloud, while the downloads have to be placed on a static S3 server which has a "static" prefix instead of "www".

We did add this issue to the "Links to Important Posts" thread yesterday for future similar situations.

Allen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecosse_821 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2016 at 1:17pm
Oh boy this is starting to drive me crazy.  So now I have spent the last 2 days re-installing Windows 7-64 and re-installing FSX.  

I installed FTX Global Base, new libraries, and Global Lights.

I then installed UTX USA and UTX Lights 1.2.   Now, once again, it looks like FTX Lights have stepped on my terrian.cfg entries for UTX lights.

So I downloaded Lights 1.3 with this latest link.  Now it won't install, says "the acquired simulator path is invalid, etc, etc, contact support."  It then exits the installation.

This is a brand new clean install of windows and FSX-Boxed?acceleration.   I installed to path D:/FSX  (SSD)

Can someone help?

****Update----I think I got it.   I was trying to trun this file standalone style, but I needed to place it in the Flight1 folder in FSX and run the interface from the start menu.  That seems to have fixed it.

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2016 at 3:05pm
Yes, that patch file needed to replace the existing EXE.   You got it.
Allen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecosse_821 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2016 at 5:10am
I appreciate the help, Allen.   UTX Lights is really awesome software!   It raises the immersion factor tremendously.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic