SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain Series > Support for all the 'Ultimate' Series of Terrain Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX In Prepare3d??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boleyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX In Prepare3d??
    Posted: March-31-2012 at 7:22pm
Is there a way to run UTX in Prepare3d. I placed a copy of FSC.EXE in Prepare3d folder. UTC accepted that but then had an error saying that RTP was not available??
Dick   near airport 5G8
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2012 at 10:09pm
The current UTX products are licensed for entertainment use only with FSX.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2012 at 8:24pm

To further support what Jeff said, because of license agreements with our data vendors (Navteq, TeleAtlas/TomTom, etc), we can only "officially" license our product right now for FSX.   However, I would not discount the possibility of including Prepare3D support in the future.

Allen
PinoyAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinoyAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 12:26pm
Hello,

May I enquire if there is any update as to your current licensing policy? as this post is over 12 months ago, I'm wondering if you have made any progress? Perhaps I can help with a suggestion of a disclaimer, so the many entertainment users of Prepar3D can benefit from this excellent product.

Regards

Saul
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 1:30pm
There is no change to this previous statement.

Also note that the Prepar3D end-user license agreement clearly states that it is "only for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment" i.e. there can be no entertainment users of Prepar3D, so your suggestion of some form of disclaimer is not applicable.

Jeff

PinoyAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinoyAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 3:58pm
Thank you for a speedy reply Jeff I do hope you find a suitable solution.

Some other developers from the FSX community are offering products for Prepar3D namely iFly which is handled by Flight1 also. You will notice that they state for entertainment only. So there must be an acceptable entertainment use. Some are also being endorsed Directly by Lockheed Martin and posting in the news section of the Prepar3D website.

Carenado, Lionheartcreations, Iris, Wilco/Feel There, Aerosoft, Fly Tampa and Fsim just to drop a few names.

Good Luck for the future.

Saul
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2013 at 4:48pm
As noted earlier when I quoted from its EULA, Prepar3d is "only for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment". Lockheed Martin and staff on the Prepar3d development team have reinforced this through postings in their own FAQs and in interviews given by their staff. Therefore, while developers can produce add-on products for it, which may or may not be endorsed by Lockheed Martin, those add-ons themselves by direct implication are only for use within Prepar3d for purposes others than personal/consumer entertainment. The EULAs for these other companies and/or products, or statements released to clarify how they can/cannot be used, will have provisions in them for use in conjunction with the Prepar3d EULA.

So to really simplify it:

- There is no acceptable entertainment use for Prepar3d or add-ons which can be installed in it.

Jeff

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by PinoyAir PinoyAir wrote:

Some other developers from the FSX community are offering products for Prepar3D namely iFly which is handled by Flight1 also. You will notice that they state for entertainment only.

So there must be an acceptable entertainment use.

FALSE

The Prepar3D version is not posted as 'entertainment use only'   Flight1 Tech (the professional division of Flight1) state its licensed for home-academic use which is in direct line with Lockheed Martins license model and follows the law with their EULA

http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/AircraftSimulations/737NGforPrepar3D.aspx

IMPORTANT - This product is for home / academic use and is not licensed to be used for training, or any professional or commercial use. You can use this product as a basic familiarization aid that introduces you to the aircraft systems in an home / academic environment.  If you wish to use this product in a commercial, flight school or academic training / classroom environment, please contact Flight1 Aviation Technologies for options and pricing. 

Home-academic does not mean: entertainment-academic... or   "have fun at home"-academic  it means its being used outside of a corporate or training environment strictly for academic purposes which means a student can use it at home.

Commercial and training use options are available and is done through contact with Flight1 Tech directly and simulation software/support of that nature is not available directly to the general academic or entertainment public though the website.

The P3D EULA and website clearly defines what home-academic means and who qualifies.

http://www.prepar3d.com/product-overview/prepar3d-license-comparison/
Undergraduate student instruction
K-12 student instruction
K-12 after school programs
Individual student use, K-12 and undergraduate

Its a shame people in the community look for ways to twist the facts so they can have what they want, unfortunately that is simply not true and it never will be.

Jim Rhoads View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 9:42pm
You will notice that they state for entertainment only. So there must be an acceptable entertainment use.

http://soundjax.com/buzzer_sounds-1.html

-
Take your pick.

Wrong on all counts. We follow the letter of the law. Others may follow the dollar sign.
We take LM's EULA at face value. However, we also posture ourselves with the EULA on some products and with respect to those products? We fully support P3D and endorse it.
PinoyAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinoyAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 2:25am
I didn't mean to offend anyone. I was simply said that contradictory statement because I have purchased Ifly's 737 for Prepar3D from Flight1tech and Ifly clearly states "IMPORTANT - This product is for home / academic use and is not licensed to be used for training, or any professional or commercial use." That is a contradiction isn't? where is the line drawn between Academic and Training? Do not both have the same meaning? Not to suggest that iFly are breaking Prepar3D's EULA because it's not my place to say so.

Nor to imply that if one or more developers will do all others should follow. I was curious because I did think there maybe a loop-hole somewhere that you may not have considered And it is quite clear that I was offering only a suggestion.

I accept your current licensing policy and find the current onslaught of so many statements from all these people a little bemusing. As if I personally had caused such great offence to ask a simple question. I believe I did ask the question in a polite manner and also that this is the place to ask such a question.

Of course I understand you have to replied to my question in such a manner to clearly state for the record for all to see. One reply was enough two is pushing home HARD your point of view and three is ridiculous to say the least.

Perhaps Mr Jim Rhoads can take his own pick of the buzzer sounds because his attitude needs adjusting especially for a site administrator! I do appreciate that sometimes life is frustrating but I am not the cause of any of his problems!

Anyway, I seemed to have caused a little commotion and I apologise for any misunderstandings.

Regards

Saul

P.S. here is another suggestion.

Why not arrange for commercial license agreements with your data vendors (Navteq, TeleAtlas/TomTom, etc). I am sure they will be willing to discuss it with you! Even if you need to pay extra and thus charge extra for a separate Prepar3D product. I would think it is possible to do so on a % of future profit basis so there would be no initial outlay of money.

To prove I have a sense of humour you can also assure the data providers that in no way would allowing the commercial use of their products be diminishing from their own market share as who in their right minds would load up a flight simulator to plan travelling routes on road, sea or air!

Jim Rhoads View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 7:07am
Perhaps Mr Jim Rhoads can take his own pick of the buzzer sounds because his attitude needs adjusting especially for a site administrator!

Sorry... You have mistook me for someone else. My attitude reflects the abuse received here on many occasions including the same topic you bring up. Just because I am an admin does not mean I act or present myself in the way you deem I should. You just may not care for my direct approach. A friend of mine sent this to me yesterday and said I should hang it in my office. I would say he knows me well.  We don't do "loop holes" and I would feel safe to say we understand our business plan and those that we work with. 

Comparing us to what others are doing or suggestions that we revise our business model to accommodate loop holes isn't something we are willing to do or accept.  Its pretty easy. If we have a product that fits the P3D business model, we will make that available and it will be aimed at the professional market at a professional price point.  The fact that we don't offer it for entertainment doesn't mean we don't understand our market.   I am sure you mean well, but this is a multifaceted issue that isn't as simple as you may assume it is.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic