SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain Series > Support for all the 'Ultimate' Series of Terrain Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX Europe Patch V1.5 Now Available

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX Europe Patch V1.5 Now Available
    Posted: October-09-2012 at 10:36pm
The next major patch is now available for UTX Europe.   This patch will upgrade Version 1.4 to Version 1.5.

All patch information and the actual patch can be downloaded from the Scenery Solutions site below:

Or....here are some shortcut links.
Google Earth KML file that shows location of issues addressed (load into Google Earth)

Patch Instructions And Download Link:

This was a major patch with over a years worth of requests added...Enjoy !
Allen
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 7:27am
Do users need to re-apply the UTX Acceleration patch for UTX Europe after this update has been installed?

I forgot to ask you about that Allen

MI_Rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI_Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 11:52am
Wasn't this patch released last month(Sept)? I downloaded a patch to v1.5 on 09/26/12
.....Rob
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

Do users need to re-apply the UTX Acceleration patch for UTX Europe after this update has been installed?

I forgot to ask you about that Allen

Honestly Nick.   I can't imagine why this would be necessary.   However, I need to track down exactly what the acceleration patch does just to make sure.   It has been a while.   I'll get back on that.  
Allen
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by MI_Rob MI_Rob wrote:

Wasn't this patch released last month(Sept)? I downloaded a patch to v1.5 on 09/26/12
Yes, the patch was added to the Scenery Solutions website on exactly 9/26/12 without any announcement.     I am glad a few users noticed :)
Allen
mopperle View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopperle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2012 at 7:42am
Any news about the question, whether the AccPAcck patch is still needed?
Thanks
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2012 at 8:50am
I just went ahead and ran the patch after the install..  it wont hurt anything to do so since the Accel patch should be installed under the conditions of having UTX Europe
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2012 at 12:20pm
Yes, the mini-patch for Acceleration users is still needed.

It repositions/resizes a number of the custom FSX building objects which are only provided, or are changed, in Acceleration.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
mopperle View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopperle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2012 at 2:29am
Thanks for the follow-up!
WebMaximus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebMaximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2012 at 1:43pm

I also have GEX Europe installed, will this update affect GEX Europe in any way that I should be aware of?

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2012 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by WebMaximus WebMaximus wrote:

I also have GEX Europe installed, will this update affect GEX Europe in any way that I should be aware of?

No.

Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebMaximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2012 at 2:11am
Great, thanks Jeff.
aikinos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aikinos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 4:57am
Goodmorning Guys

I try to install patch V1.5 and it saids that ''The requested operation requires elevation'' what is happened?

Any idea about that?

Thanks
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2012 at 3:00pm
Sounds like you have not run the patch preparation step (the update is a two-step process).

Please double-check and follow the update instructions. Also see our UTX Updates FAQ for more information.

Jeff

hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2013 at 4:52pm
Hi, Akriesman,
I've just completed a clean reinstall of Windows 7, followed by reloading FSX and all add-ons, including GEX Europe.   Downloaded Patch 1.4 to do the total update - worked like a dream. Ran GEX - looking great!   Rebooted my computer.   Downloaded Patch 1.5 but when I hit the 'Prepare' button on Patch exe, got the message that this patch was not compatible with the version of Windows I use.
Back to the website to look for a 64 bit version, can't find one.     And, anyway, why did Patch 1.4 work with the same system?
I also notice that upon upgrading to version 1.4, the menu item on the GEX interface which enabled the preparation of the program for upgrading, has disappeared.
Any idea of what's going on?
Kind regards from Scotland,
Murray
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2013 at 12:06am
As noted in our UTX Updates FAQ, the usual reasons for having issues in patch preparation is one of the following:

- Trying to run the patch preparation (and/or patch) from inside the ZIP archive instead of extracting its contents and then running them.
- Trying to run the patch preparation (and/or patch) from a read-only location.
- Not running the patch preparation (and/or patch) by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator".

As for the question on GEX, it is best to answer that in the GEX support forum.

Jeff

hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2013 at 1:19pm
Thanks for quick response.   The Run as Administrator trick worked and the patch installed with no problems.   Sorry for the confusion caused by me constantly referring to GEX, when it was UTX I was installing (late sessiion, many add-ons to load, old man , , , you get the picture). Having installled UTX plus all updates I will now re-install GEX also, hopefully without similar problems.
The Flight sim community is wonderful - there's always someone out there to help.   THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Kindest regards,
Murray

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebMaximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2013 at 1:45pm
What a warm and nice post to read and you are totally correct, the flightsim community is really great for most parts!

Hope the rest of your installation goes well and enjoy your flying once you have everything set up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic