SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX Alaska P3D V4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX Alaska P3D V4
    Posted: December-04-2017 at 11:03am
I've been searching the forums but can't find any mention of a version of UTX Alaska for P3D V4. All the other regions have been upgraded, does Scenery Solutions have any plans to cover Alaska as well???
Regards, Mike
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2017 at 9:47pm
There is no version of Ultimate Alaska for either FSX SE and/or P3D.

While it may heppen at some point, this was the last statement I could find from Allen (the UTX developer) over a year ago.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
mike123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2017 at 8:33am
Jeff, thank you for your reply. The link was very informative. I'll raise the ante to $14 Evil Smile to get UTX Alaska in P3D v4. I love doing flights into PANC and also bush flying too. Surely some of you guys have watched Flying Wild Alaska!? Where's your sense of adventure Scenery Solutions?? Tongue.
Let's hear from some more simmers out there for support to get Alaska into the UTX range of excellent products!
Regards Mike

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2017 at 10:42am
Hi Mike,

Still considering it.   I have just been slammed personally working on side simulator projects over the last few months.   Most of this should free up somewhat starting in January and I can revisit things UTX related.

Alaska would require a near complete rewrite though.
Allen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2017 at 1:06pm
Hi Allen, I hope that you will consider Alaska even if it means a rewrite. I have just gone across to P3D V4 and would like to add the entire UTX set to the sim. I own all V1 UTX in FSX and would like to see the same in P3D. I'm only one voice of course, but hopefully others will read this and add their support.
Many thanks,
Mike
GerdD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GerdD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2017 at 12:31pm
I´ll raise to $17 for an Upgrade of UTX Alaska in P3D v4. ;-)
Very much appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Gerd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2017 at 2:59pm
Thanks Gerd for your support, that's 2 of us interested, only need a few thousand more now to get Scenery Solutions to take up the challenge Tongue Any more takers???
Mike

Jorgen View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jorgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2018 at 7:22am
One more taker here!!!

Thanks -

Jorgen
jordanal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2018 at 10:16am
Yup, add me as well - especially now with the new P3Dv4 version of Sim Wing's Anchorage in my library.  Big smile
Al Jordan

FSX Rig: i7 2600k, 4.8GHz / Asus P8Z68-V Pro / Mushkin DDR3-1600 8GB / EVGA GTX 570 GPU / TX850 PSU / Graphite 600T Case
Jorgen View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jorgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2018 at 9:36am
Can the present UTX Alaska be used in FSX:SE?

Thanks -

Jorgen
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2018 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Jorgen Jorgen wrote:

Can the present UTX Alaska be used in FSX:SE?

Thanks -

Jorgen

Unfortunately, it cannot.    The Ult Alaska interface is different from vector-only UTX products.  So, it would not be able to detect FSX-SE correctly.   

Over the last week or so, I have seriously looked into the viability of creating a completely rewritten Alaska product.  This product would include XpressSim technologies (including photoreal terrain and accurately placed buidlings) for all the modeled cities in the current Alaska product.  Because of the extensive work needed, this would be completely new product with little or no upgrade discount available.

Over the next few weeks I am looking at working on a few test areas to see how extensive this effort would be.

Allen

Jorgen View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jorgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2018 at 3:06am
Allen,

Thanks for the reply. Good thing I asked before I tried it.

If you decide to go ahead and make a new Alaska product, then I'm in line as a customer for it.

Thanks -

Jorgen
robmw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2018 at 7:48am
Originally posted by akriesman akriesman wrote:

Over the last week or so, I have seriously looked into the viability of creating a completely rewritten Alaska product.  This product would include XpressSim technologies (including photoreal terrain and accurately placed buidlings) for all the modeled cities in the current Alaska product.  Because of the extensive work needed, this would be completely new product with little or no upgrade discount available.

Over the next few weeks I am looking at working on a few test areas to see how extensive this effort would be.

Having been a happy user of all the UTX products (Alaska in particular) in the different flight sims I would definitely be interested in this!

I have also used a competitors partial Alaska coverage and wonder in light of some very recent announcements if there might be some extra room for development here. It would be great to have Alaska complete at a high level of detail.

Rob W
i7 4790K @4.4 GHz, Asus Z97 Deluxe, 8GB 2400 DDR3, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, Samsung SSDs 850 Pro + WD HD, Windows 7 Pro 64.
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2018 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by robmw robmw wrote:

Having been a happy user of all the UTX products (Alaska in particular) in the different flight sims I would definitely be interested in this!

I have also used a competitors partial Alaska coverage and wonder in light of some very recent announcements if there might be some extra room for development here. It would be great to have Alaska complete at a high level of detail.

Rob W

FWIW, Holger (who developed the Southern FTX products) also helped with Ultimate Alaska.

I am still doing a feasibility study on Ultimate Alaska V2.    Nothing definite yet.   I need to see how long it will take, based on the sample areas that I am working on.
Allen

solwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2018 at 11:38am
+1 for Ultimate Alaska V2
jhaley101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhaley101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2018 at 5:49pm
+1 for Alaska!

Any decisions regarding development?  

JH
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2018 at 4:10pm
No definitive decisions yet.   It is on the tentative list.  But, UTX patches and a couple side projects are ahead of it.
Allen

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic