SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UT Setup Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pborman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UT Setup Error
    Posted: November-14-2017 at 1:58am
When trying to access "modify sim settings/performance report" I get the following error "UT setup tool has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". I'm using P3Dv4.1 and UTX version 2.3.0.

I'm using Windows 10, 64 bit.

Looking for some help.

Thanks
Pat
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 3:41am
Here is some help.. don't ever access that part of the UTX config tool. It really never should have been designed into or been part of the product, however it was made for FSX a long time before FSXSE or Prepar3D were real products.

The rest of the interface is ok  :)

If you wish to change Prepar3D config values, do them manually

That part of the UTX config tool should have been trashed and removed years ago

pborman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pborman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 12:51pm
Thank you,
Pat
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 10:04am
The reason you get this error message is because the UTX Setup Tool has issues dealing with values set in configuration files which are outside those which can normally be set by the flightsim's own settings UI.

We have tried to code around common cases of this, but as the sim's change and other add-ons make changes to the same config files outside of normal values it does become difficult to keep on top of them (especially when the product is mature and we do not provide as many updates).

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic