SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

->UT Europe Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akeldama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ->UT Europe Review
    Posted: March-23-2006 at 12:30pm
I managed to convince the powers at be at my day job (I'm UK editor of a commercial games website called Boomtown.net) that UT Europe is sufficiently un-geeky compared to a lot of FS Addons (we never normally review this stuff) to actually post a review online of UT Europe.  It's not exactly aimed at the hardcore simmer as I thought it was worth explaining to our readers about FS2004 is constructed in layers - mesh, landclass, textures etc. But if you're interested we've got the review here. It features some comparison screens I took myself of the sim with and without UT Europe running.

Harry
Visit Harry's Blog, the Windsurfing Hamster of Current Affairs.
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 4:08pm

Harry,

That is an outstanding and very informative review.   I hope you don't mind me making it a "sticky" post at the top of the page.  

There is a lot of information in your review for the not-so-informed FS2004 user.   It will also help those that have different expectations from what is provided by UT Europe.

You work is greatly appreciated

Thanks for talking your editors into it

Allen

Akeldama View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akeldama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 4:20pm
Hi Allen,

Thanks very much, I'm glad you enjoyed reading the review. As I said, we don't often review such products. But for once I brought my niche hobby to work with me.

To be honest I was being humerous (well I thought so!) and over-dramatic, as UK editor I can put whatever I want on the site really. But I thought it would read well like that.

I hope the review will help people understand what UTE will do for their FS2004 experience.

H
Harry
Visit Harry's Blog, the Windsurfing Hamster of Current Affairs.
TonyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2006 at 7:31pm

That was a very good review.  It does a good job explaining what UT is all about, especially to folks new to it, and I of course agree with the conclusion. 

Tony

fsrunway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsrunway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 5:52am
Review italian Linguage  http://www.fsrunway.it  also here.
iain View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2006 at 12:39pm
Are Flight 1 intending to release UT Europe on a DVD or CDs in the near future?

Iain
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic