SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UT Alaska morphing textures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniiran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UT Alaska morphing textures
    Posted: September-04-2017 at 10:46pm
I am trying to figure out a morphing texture issue that is plaguing the ice fields of Alaska. I have tried many different things.

I followed directions on ORBXs website to re-create the terrain.cfg file.  So I got a new stock FSX terrain file. Then installed UTX AK and made sure I did not run FTX central. I still had the same problem.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall UTX AK. I have followed various things I have found on various threads.  This issue only seems to be in areas where there are ice fields, the rest of Alaska looks completely fine.  corrupted ice texture files? I guess my next idea is to completely uninstall ORBX products.  Any ideas?  Is there anyone specific texture that should be called out in this location?    On google earth it would be a giant ice cap/ice field.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 7:52am
Does this look the same?

That is someone who is using Orbx too

Here is another person who had to completely reinstall their sim to get rid of the Orbx corruption which looks very similar to your images : http://www.simforums.com/forums/answered-strange-water-looking-glitch_topic57612_post363921.html#363921

In both cases those were just patches in areas, not everywhere

It looks like the Orbx lclookup.bgl or other control files they change if you are not using their landclass or textures.

It isn't UTX or the sim itself.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 4:40pm
This is what I show with UT Alaska and GEX for textures.. it is indeed a ice field with no scenery glitches

aniiran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniiran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 10:24pm
Okay, I figured it out.  I'm a slightly advanced user so this would only be for other advanced user.  but this will help you out if your problem is in Alaska.

Morphing textures are caused when FSX/P3D is looking for specific textures but can't find them.  Luckily for me, it was pretty obvious what was supposed to be there.  Ice/Snow.   There are only 10 textures that have to do with snow and ice in FSX... I can't speak for P3D.   So there are a few free snow replacement textures found on the web.  The one I found was called Nieve V.1 on Simviation.  On a hunch I downloaded this file. It contains 10 textures. When I installed the textures into the Scenery world scenery there were 10 files but it only asked me if I wanted to replace 3 files.  That means I was missing those 7 files and the absence of those files were causing the texture morphing.  Then you get the new terrain.cfg and and essentially follow the thread that I mentioned earlier about morphing textures. This works for any missing textures you just have to know what the textures are supposed to be. Which was easy in this case or in a desert but in a forest, good luck. Where the files went... That will remain a mystery. .... it was ORBX...

aniiran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniiran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 10:34pm
Still doesn't look quite right but....  it's 99% better.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic